A Little Research Pays Off!

KeninFL

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2009
I'm new to MDing and have been spending my time in the local parks and playgrounds, getting to know my detector. Looking on the ā€˜net I found a city playground I hadnā€™t been aware of. Itā€™s hidden in the middle of a neighborhood a few blocks off of the highway. Itā€™s a small, the size of the playground is the same as the lots the surrounding houses are on. I went over there and in about an hour and a half I pulled 49 coins and a cheap little ring before I got rained out. I finally had time to go back there and hit the rest of the area. In about 2 hours pulled another 117 coins and another ring from this small space. From the quantity of coins there in the wood chips, I'm sure no one has hit it for a long time, if ever.

Even though it was almost all clad, it made me feel pretty good, it was my first ā€œone hundred plusā€ day!

Upvote 0

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac
Congratulations! thats a good haul these days, research really did pay off for you!!

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
WOW!!! with that kind of a hunt you will get used to your machine real fast!!!! :headbang:,,,Glad to hear from ya and will be waiting for more,,,

Get a camera and join the fun,,,,

arthur

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotta luv them tot lots :icon_thumleft:

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
great going man! I have had 4 100plus days in detecting..... very cool digs..... personal best is 205 in one day.... welll less than 3 hrs actually

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread