Hunted out school + E-Trac = Not so hunted out!!

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
FINALLY have some decent finds to post!!!!!

So i got an e-trac a few weeks back. Decided to take it to this old ball field and school that was used during the 40's, 50's although the school is still in use today as a kindergarden. the ball field is long time out of commission but the school was a middle school back in the day.. These are my finds for 4 days of afternoon detecting.. Guess i should bring a camera..

So out by the old ball field using the stock coin pattern, auto+3, deep on, trash high, ground difficult. i began around the backstop of the place where i could see a foundation. and was told later that it was the concession stand by the cop passing by wondering why there was car sitting in the middle of the field. anyways. got a deep signal but it was strong. dug down. popped out the 41 quarter. guessing it was around 7-8 inches.

Continued to hunt around that area and found a 41 nickel.. i was thinkin wow. that's weird.. but wait. gets weirder.. 30 more Min's of slow and low searching didn't come up with much else there. so headed up to the school.. started searching around the front area. Didn't find much for the rest of the day but some clad a few wheat's..

Second time around i ended up getting a 41 merc. and later that day a 41 wheat.. weird times.. in my 20 years of detecting i have never found a 1,5,10 and 25 cent coins that all had the same date from the same location.. crazy indeed

so just about to call it a day when i get a faint but deep signal.. dug down 4 inches. nothing. Sunray probe says nothing in the hole. check. still there but louder now.. started thinking.. good deal.. dig down some more. checked with probe. faint choppy signal. still in the hole though.. dug another big scoop full. finally pulled it out.. turns out to be a child's silver ring. old too. at least 7 inches.. that was the second silver ring i found there.. and on the way to the car since it was almost dark. got a good hit.. and it was 2 Rosie's in one hole!! like when that happens..

so after the next 2 days there ended up with

2 silver rings. Semi Cleaned
6 silver dimes. Cleaned
2 silver quarters. Cleaned
11 wheat's.
aluminum smiley face
pocketfull of clad change..

Man what a machine.. I know i know. not the machine its the location. but my dad and i have hit this location quite a few times over the years but either way you look at it.. turned out to be a prime location all over again..

IMG_8924.jpg

Upvote 0

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
That's the way to get 'em! :thumbsup: Don't discount your E-trac, the only time I've seen it in action, I was impressed. I took a guy to a park that I had pulled numerous silvers out of, but never more than 5 in a day. He brought an E-trac and absolutely kicked my butt, going over the same spots that I was convinced I had 'cleaned out'. He found 7 silvers and 11 wheats in a pretty small area. We compared signals with my F75 and I learned that I needed to slow down a bit with my machine to get the "iffy" signals.

OP
OP
Corpsegrinder

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
Yeah i just ordered some more maps of South Louisiana so me and my dad are going to be on the road for the next few weekends trying out new places.. new to us anyways.. but i am excited.. i want to play with the settings a little more.. try manual sens to see if i get deeper in the same ground conditions.. and my SEF coil will be in tomorrow. so will hit the same area with it to compare to the pro coil..

Is this not the greatest hobby? I am fired up all over again!!

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac
Nice silver! Etrac's a pretty awesome machine, and they will get depth!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread