City Park Finds or Penny Park

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
After some much needed rain I made it out for some detecting. I have hunted this park before which never fails to produce a load of pennies, so I renamed the park 'Penny Park'. I was surprised when my first good signal turned out to be 1941 War Nickle. After that I found my normal stash of pennies which I contribute to the local high school students tossing their pennies around during lunch break. Another surprise followed with another nickle signal, was I amazed to discover it was a dated 1968 with a mint mark of 'S' stamped. At the end of the hunt I managed to find $0.42 in pennies, $0.25 in nickles and $0.50 in dimes.

Did not find any silver or gold rings like some folks I know...not mentioning any names (juju) but on this side of the mountain we don't have a large population of rich folks losing rings and such. But I did have fun and had a small following of local kids asking a ton of questions.

Attachments

• OmakCityPark.jpg
    OmakCityPark.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 431
  • 1941Nickle.jpg
    1941Nickle.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 425
  • 1968SNickle.jpg
    1968SNickle.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad ya got out brother. That ground has got to be like concrete over there. WTG on the war nickel.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had worse days :icon_thumleft:

Don't want to burst your bubble, but war nickels were made from 42-45 with the mint mark above the monticello on the reverse. Still a cool older nickel though :headbang:

OP
OP
49er

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
No bubble burst here willie d...thanks for pointing it out....i am not a big nickel collector...but happy I found it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread