WOOHOO First IHP!

FingerGrime

Mar 3, 2009
Kentucky
I am relatively new to the whole metal detecting thing. I have only been out about ten times.
Anyways, I went to the remains of a house (there are two chimneys still standing) at the edge of the woods. It seems as though at least part of the house has been bulldozed but the area that I presume was their front yard hasn't been. I can still see the outline of their sidewalk (lined with blocks). Anyways, I sorta focused on this area. It was pretty tough detecting since it is quite wooded in this area, with a good bit of low brush.

Now to the good stuff...
I was getting a pretty good dollar signal and I dug this item at about 7 inches. My guess is that it's some sort of irrigation tube valve or something. Any ideas?
IMG_1543.JPG

I guess that this is either a bullet or a melted piece of metal (it was found near some ashes in the ground).
IMG_1554.JPG

This was found in the old sidewalk. Earring, pin or what? Is it just a piece of junk or could it be something valuable?
IMG_1548.JPG
IMG_1547.JPG

My first IHP! 1891 and in great shape. I can read pretty much all of LIBERTY. This is my oldest coin by 25 years. I am super excited! I can't wait to go detecting again!
I am going to soak my items in olive oil overnight to free up a bit more dirt...
IMG_1550.JPG
IMG_1552.JPG

Upvote 0

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the first IHP i wont ever forget mine :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i dug my new oldest coin today as well :D it was also an IHP only a fatty 1859 :D congrats again and im looking forward to seeing ur future post! keep it up. best of luck and HH

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first IHP, FG! :hello2: Your piece of jewelry looks older to me. WTG

HH

garthbfan169

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Chester County, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG finger Your first I.H. is in alot better shape than mine is!! Should be some silver waiting for you there!! :thumbsup:

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
good day out fingers. nice finds. That first object of your is a cloth firehose connector.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congs on your IH. I sure you will find more at that site. Keep us inform on what you find....Matt

OP
OP
FingerGrime

FingerGrime

Mar 3, 2009
Kentucky
Thanks for all the encouragement guys.
I can't wait to get back out there! I will have to clear some weeds and brush before I am able to do much more detecting though.
I also want to hit some areas in the field adjacent to the house location. Any advice for building some sort of weed masher? I really don't want to have to weedeat the whole field...

tomharris76, I am from central KY.

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
FingerGrime said:
Thanks for all the encouragement guys.
I can't wait to get back out there! I will have to clear some weeds and brush before I am able to do much more detecting though.
I also want to hit some areas in the field adjacent to the house location. Any advice for building some sort of weed masher? I really don't want to have to weedeat the whole field...

tomharris76, I am from central KY.
Take a 2X4 and nail a piece of rope to both sides. Use the rope like a handle a step on the 2X4. This will lay all the tall grass down.

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
WOO HOO.....ATA-BOY on you first Indian!!! I agree with the first thing being a brass firehose adapter also. Sounds like ol tom gave you a pointer on how to push the weeds down. "Thats how he makes his crop circles"...shhhhh!! :laughing7:

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Johnny Ringo Silver said:
WOO HOO.....ATA-BOY on you first Indian!!! I agree with the first thing being a brass firehose adapter also. Sounds like ol tom gave you a pointer on how to push the weeds down. "Thats how he makes his crop circles"...shhhhh!! :laughing7:
They're actually landing pads for the mother ships. But you didn't hear that from me. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread