A few finds and a battle field from 1504...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Explored this area where a battle took place in 1504. This is a monument erected several years ago and not very close to where the actual battle took place but, it was a starting point. Most of the forest floor here is covered with 2’ blueberry bushes. Stupid blueberry bushes!
18Jul09Schwarz.jpg

A plaque engraved on the monument says, “8.8.1504 here died 1000 men in the war of succession”. It is just 10 minutes from the house and I am determined to find the actual battle site.
18Jul09SchwarzP.jpg

Several hours on new fields, the winter wheat is being harvested so I have a few plowed fields as well but just can’t get the coil over anything much. A small finger ring and two buttons.
18Jul09relics.jpg

A tiny Regensburg Pfennig, one sided copper coin. The date looks like 1741.
18Jul09Regen.jpg

Not sure if this is a Jetton or a coin, holed for a button. I should have taken the pictures before I put the conservation oil on it. Obverse.
18Jul09RechR.jpg

Reverse. Any help with ID? Not much to work with, LOL. Looks like a sailing ship on this side. HH, Mike
18Jul09RechO.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A German forum friend already IDed the Jetton or accounting token. Dates to around 1848, moneyer Ludwig Christain Lauer from Nuerenberg. HH, Mike
080826004bz.jpg

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Best of luck looking for the actual battle scene. I guess good mapping of the relics will help out! It seems you have adecent palce to start. Wait until it gets cold enough out to get those blueberry plants down. You may get lucky enough to find more sweet finds! Looking forward to your next post.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
A German forum friend already IDed the Jetton or accounting token. Dates to around 1848, moneyer Ludwig Christain Lauer from Nuerenberg. HH, Mike
080826004bz.jpg

damn, beat me to it, nice finds :icon_thumright:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wtg very nice finds

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
I have a feeling you WILL find that battle site ,, and you will be the KING,,Just think ,,, that would be cool to be the king!!!! would it not,,,

thanks

arthur

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding the battle site should lead to many hours of grand adventure Mike. Wish I could join ya.

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds :icon_sunny: The green patina button is superb in color :icon_sunny:

You're making very nice finds and are hunting in great settings :hello: Keep the posts coming :hello2:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mike it wouldn't surprise me if you posted tommorrow and said you found it....Beautiful dig's as alway's Buddy!!!!Best O Luck :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all and hey Civilman, I found it! Unfortunately or fortunatley, it is farm fields that are in full growth. Will be a few more weeks until they start harvesting here. I poked around the edges in a forest Sunday, found a small horse shoe, a heel plate, a few ox shoes and a coin from 1920. I was doing some research and read an entry from a Monk describing the battle, he said "arrows were falling like rain" so I hope to find many arrow tips and crossbow bolt tips when I can get closer to the actual battle site. HH, Mike

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rob, yes there were guns/gunpowder but very different from what we think of. The guns were small cannon like weapons mounted on a staff like poll about 4' long, I have seen the replicas, the actual gun was about 12". I guess they would have been called culverins. It would have been held under the arm and I'm sure aiming would have been fairly inaccurate. HH, Mike

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds Mike - looks like a good place to hunt for sure

I like blue berries too!

HH

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
Thanks all and hey Civilman, I found it! Unfortunately or fortunatley, it is farm fields that are in full growth. Will be a few more weeks until they start harvesting here. I poked around the edges in a forest Sunday, found a small horse shoe, a heel plate, a few ox shoes and a coin from 1920. I was doing some research and read an entry from a Monk describing the battle, he said "arrows were falling like rain" so I hope to find many arrow tips and crossbow bolt tips when I can get closer to the actual battle site. HH, Mike
Can't wait to see the relic's that come out of there Mike......Best Of Luck,or should I say Skill :thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D Yep..I read Civils first reply and thought the same thing. I knew you'd find it quickly. :icon_pirat: Always amazing finds, Mike! I don't think we even had dirt here in 1504. :icon_scratch: :D
Let us know what else ya find from the fields.

Nana :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread