Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caught the tide low or at least lower then has been in awhile.Manage to come up with some more finds.I guess the best would be another Irish half penny,arrowhead.Some things in this first pic. are things im not sure of,seem to have found a few of them now :help:.The rest are the penny 178- , arrowhead,buttons,teeth,two tusk,knife which was kinda neat fist one from a place this old I've found,and the norm.
Enjoy,Timekiller

Attachments

• 000_0008.jpg
    000_0008.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,037
  • 000_0009.jpg
    000_0009.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,028
  • 000_0010.jpg
    000_0010.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 000_0011.jpg
    000_0011.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,018
  • 000_0022.jpg
    000_0022.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 999
  • 000_0020.jpg
    000_0020.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,008
  • 000_0018.jpg
    000_0018.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,011
  • 000_0016.jpg
    000_0016.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,025
  • 000_0012.jpg
    000_0012.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,029
  • 000_0023.jpg
    000_0023.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,000
Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I would love to see your pictures......but those puppies are so big!! Some of us still have dial up...... ::) :help: Could you resize them please?

HH,
Moon

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pic # 1 and #2 show an old cuff link (or collar stay).
Pic #6 has an old clay colonial smoking pipe.

The tusks look like they could easily be wild pig (javelina) (yeah, I know it's misspelled and 'spell check' didn't help any.)

And, thank you for resizing. It can be a little aggravating trying to get the size correct. I know from experience. ;D

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moonshadow said:
I would love to see your pictures......but those puppies are so big!! Some of us still have dial up...... ::) :help: Could you resize them please?

HH,
Moon
Sorry about that moon,It's a job for me just to remember all the steps it takes with this camera and the software that come with it.Makes me say bad words!Thank for pointing the problem out!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks way better TK! Thanks for taking the time to resize. I know it can be quite the aggravation! >:( Now I can enjoy seeing your goodies.

Cool stuff! Thanks so much for sharing!

HH,
Moon

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great assortment of relics. HH.....

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
Caught the tide low or at least lower then has been in awhile.Manage to come up with some more finds.I guess the best would be another Irish half penny,arrowhead.Some things in this first pic. are things im not sure of,seem to have found a few of them now :help:.The rest are the penny 178- , arrowhead,buttons,teeth,two tusk,knife which was kinda neat fist one from a place this old I've found,and the norm.
Enjoy,Timekiller
Thanks for the replies guys.
Timekiller!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the two Jew's Harps are your best finds, two from one site is great!

Very nice mixture of finds from that site.

Don

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great hunt. I love hunting arrowheads on the rivers and have often wanted to take my metal detector as we will find cw bullets washed out. The laws here are kinda tough though.They want it all to wash away and not be collected. Thanks for sharing you found some neat items.
Regards,
TnMountains

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the diameter you your counterfeit Hibernia? That small bust is I don't think is very common. Too bad it's in poor condition, a pretty good coin!

Definitely check more in the areas of the coin and jews harps. There's gotta be another goodie there!

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
What is the diameter you your counterfeit Hibernia? That small bust is I don't think is very common. Too bad it's in poor condition, a pretty good coin!

Definitely check more in the areas of the coin and jews harps. There's gotta be another goodie there!
Thanks Iron Patch,
The one I just found saturday is 26.6 mm.,and the other one I found a few weeks back is 27mm.,heavier,thicker and the harp looks to be of a longer stretched shaped harp!But it's the same old story with me and the copper coins.They just don't hold up here around the water. I can't even beleive they could hold up anywhere,but guess the do.Would like to know more about rarity,and woulda,coulda been value! :laughing7:
Thanks again,
Timekiller

Attachments

• 000_0024.jpg
    000_0024.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 581
  • 000_0025.jpg
    000_0025.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 579

riverdolphin

Jul 5, 2009
Way cool finds!!! I love the tusks and have never found one before! How early did they start making pocket knives? And the arrowhead is pretty in that white quartz. Coin is hard to see, but very interesting!

Keep up the good work. I think you might be addicted!!! :laughing7:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:

Thanks Iron Patch,
The one I just found saturday is 26.6 mm.,and the other one I found a few weeks back is 27mm.,heavier,thicker and the harp looks to be of a longer stretched shaped harp!But it's the same old story with me and the copper coins.They just don't hold up here around the water. I can't even beleive they could hold up anywhere,but guess the do.Would like to know more about rarity,and woulda,coulda been value! :laughing7:
Thanks again,
Timekiller

Unfortunately I can't help much other than to say that bust seems very small, making it more interesting than your typical counterfeit. Questions are best let for the experts, but even they have to guess because there's no real book value for these. If it is a fairly scarce coin, and if in a higher grade many hundreds is not out of the question. For nice dug condition some get $200-$300... but again there is much more to it than I can answer. If you seach Stacks previous auctions it will at least give you a range what similar type coins go for. You might even find a match for yours, something I have done before. There's quite a few on there.

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don in SJ said:
I think the two Jew's Harps are your best finds, two from one site is great!

Very nice mixture of finds from that site.

Don
Thanks don, When I first read your reply I didn't get what you were talking about. Had to study things again, and got what you were talking about.It is what they are I see were the center piece for playing would have been mounted.Neat and thanks for pointing them out I almost threw them away in my scrap copper bucket.Was thinking some kind of key like a carter key.Another one solved for me! :notworthy:

riverdolphin

Jul 5, 2009
I mentioned earlier that the two Jew's harps were my favorite finds on this page. That's because my grandpa played one and I always thought that the sound it makes is unique and fun. I looked up some information on them and it was very interesting. There is evidence of the existance of these little musical intruments from three generations BC. They came from almost every country and early travelers and settlers here in North America used them to trade with the native indians and in payment to other settlers. They would trade them by the hundreds. I read that if they are found unbroken, it is more likely they were used as trade material, and if they are found broken, more likely they were heavily used as a musical instrument by the person who owned it. Someone who lived at this site was musical. :hello:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You have the fever bad for the Colonial coins! You are a great asset to this site. :headbang: :notworthy:

Are you hunting, literally, on the riverbank?

Kirk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread