Due to deep snow, I cant hunt, so I have decided to...............

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Due to deep snow, I can't hunt, so I have decided to...............

TORTURE ALL OF YOU WITH PICTURES OF NEXT SPRINGS PONTENTIAL HUNTING SITES!!!! These are places that I checked out while saving for a new machine.

The house in the second picture actually had unopened mail in the kitchen dated 1931, as well as the curtains, a few old cloths in the closet, and a sofa in the living room. I know I probably shouldn't have, and I'll probably catch a lot of slack for it,but I opened one of the pieces of mail, it was cancled checks from the bank, it was very interesting. There were a lot of pigions living in the house.

Paul

Attachments

• graduation 005 (Medium).jpg
    graduation 005 (Medium).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 565
  • graduation 006 (Small).jpg
    graduation 006 (Small).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 563
  • graduation 005 (Medium).jpg
    graduation 005 (Medium).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 565
  • graduation 006 (Small).jpg
    graduation 006 (Small).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 567
  • graduation 008 (Large).jpg
    graduation 008 (Large).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 562
Upvote 0

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Re: Due to deep snow, I can't hunt, so I have decided to...............

Great places, i would check around them for old coins and tools and stuff. The mail must have been cool, love those old stamps.

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA

A couple of weekends worth of work and I can get $200k for that house here in California! I'm waiting for some rain here so I can dig all winter long....

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA

p.s. Didn't want to come off snotty in my first post...Those are some choice sites! I would LOVE to hunt places like that! Good luck and keep the pics comming....

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

didn't take it that way at all..............personally, I think you could get more that $200k in Cali...........Heck, nothing a little paint won't fix.

Paul

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool sites! Good luck, and HH

Lonewolfe

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Nice looking sites...
That third pic looks just like the inside of an old farm house we used to go to, to camp out over the weekends...
Good luck with 'em, & Happy hunting~

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",

Cool looking place. How do you find somebody that owns something like that. Was it tough getting permissinon to hunt there?? Good luck, HH Art...

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good looking spot

HEADHUNTER

Aug 30, 2005
North Central,PA

Nice looking sites..Good luck and be sure to share you finds with all of us..

Happy hunting

Headhunter

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A little paint....a couple of windows....some light fixtures....and I would bet there's some nice wood floors under that nasty carpeting....the possibilities of that place! It could make someone a nice little country home again. :)

Hope you get back there! Very beautiful pictures!

Nana ;)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

heres a tip from carl von muellers TH 101 book enjoy
A lot of would-be treasure hunters seem to have a mania or desire to tear buildings apart or, in general, to destroy property. Modern instrumentation makes this absolutely and entirely unnecessary. By using a metal detector with a large search coil, you can search the ceiling, walls, and floors of an entire house, granary, barn, or other building in a jiffy. In fact, with a good instrument, you can start at any wall switch and follow the conduit or just plain wiring from there to the meter without trouble or failure. You can locate and count the nails that hold wallboard in place. You can learn a lot about any building with a metal detector if you'll just master the instrument. The walls and floors of basements can be searched with certainty and ease just as can the walls and ceilings be searched. Stairways and window and door sills have always been popular hiding places for the family wealth and you can check these locations with a metal detector in less time than it takes to tell about it.

A few comments about stairs are needed. when treasure has been hidden in or around stairways, it was almost always slipped into the hiding place from the underside or backside of the stairs. Only in rare cases was one of the stair treads lifted to deposit the treasure. Since the area or compartment under the stairs in most houses was almost always used as a closet, pantry. or storage place, access to and from the under side of the stairs was relatively convenient.

When searching a stairway that has a newel, it is not necessary to tear the thing apart. Merely run your metal detector throughout its entire height on the outside and be particularly alert for

any indication at the bottom and about six inches from the top. It's that simple. Newels were usually built on the first step, so search the first step carefully with your metal detector for anything that might be hidden underneath.

Some sharp-eyed and experienced instrument men will notice and challenge my particular reference to the use of large search coils, and they are justified in so doing. The use of large or small search coils is purely a matter of personal preference. I like, and recommend, the large search coil because it allows me to search a wall in 1/3 to 1/10 the time necessary with a small coil and it precludes a great deal of false indication from nails, wire, and any other small hardware that might be affixed to wall studs. Opposing me in this preference are several professional treasure hunters who go over a building with small coils and literally 'read' the inside of the walls.

Further comment is needed regarding concrete and brick walls. I have had 'experts' tell me that you can not search a concrete or masonry wall with a metal detector. Nothing can be farther from the truth. Anyone with fair capabilities can go over a masonry wall and locate every tie-wire, nail, or foreign metal object with very little trouble. You can even ascertain the depth of the object by taking an oblique shot all the way around it. Of course, this is getting into some fancy operating, but it can and is done with a great deal more accuracy than we would like to believe.

In summarizing the use of metal detectors, I want to point out that by no stretch of the imagination do I believe that a metal detector is absolutely necessary to successful treasure hunting, nor do I believe that a metal detector is much help unless you master the instrument you use. On the other hand, a good metal detector is the primary instrument and it can save a mighty lot of work and effort if you will just learn to use it. Last but not least, don't believe for a minute any of these advertisements or claims that any certain brand of metal detector will, by the wildest stretch of imagination, find any treasure whatever for you. The instrument is merely a medium YOU use to locate the treasure. If you do not have the time or patience to master the instrument, you are wasting your time and money in buying one. If you will take the time to master it, it will probably be one of the wisest investments you ever made.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great site,maybe you can find the old family loot buried somwhere! Hope so. What kind of detector you thinking about? Hope it warms up there and happy hunting. :)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice pictures. I love to search old houses like that. Good luck in your hunt!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Love those old houses! Don't have anything like that down here in S.Fl..Gotta head to the smaller towns in the interior of the state further north.Good luck!!!

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004

Check out the couch first. Lots of coins end up in furniture! i have a real nice 1840 large cent I found in an old place with my detector. Cladius.

A

agbonanza

AWESOME hunting grounds! Please keep us up to date when you get to them, I'd love to be there with you....good luck and HH!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Only thing I want to know... you took pictures but never swung a coil there yet??!!! You must be disciplined.

Yes, you are killin me! You really are killin me! :D

Bob

K

Kentucky Kache

Man, those pics are wallpaper quality. I might just use them.
Great site.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice hunting sites and hope you have permission to hunt them.

I know of a bunch of places like that but getting permission is another story.

I've often wondered why people let places like these go to pot. I've seen them even filled with antiques rotting because the weather is getting at them. Go figure?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions