Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi went out last evening after the rain.Few showers and temp was too cold.I been working up the sides of a another gully. Not much luck so i spent some time around a few trees that burnt down in the Feb bushfires.With rain regrowth is coming up quick so i will have to step up my trips in the gully as soon the weeds and undergrowth will take over .Spring is just a few weeks away.

Found a large winding key on ground, say for a clock and a big one at that.LOl A old fence line proved to be a good place to start. After about 2 hours i had a couple of nice 6 grams size nuggets.Been as greedy as i am , decided to keep going. ;D ;D ;D

Got a quite sharp sweap sound and thought i had a piece of lead, about size of a flushing cover.Well i dig down and out came the colour yellow. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

The nugget found is named :headbang: after the Welcome Stranger and treasurenet

tinpan

Attachments

• S7300691.JPG
    S7300691.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 6,486
  • S7300692.JPG
    S7300692.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 6,471
  • S7300682.JPG
    S7300682.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 6,473
  • S7300681.JPG
    S7300681.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 6,459
Upvote 0

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They might not have Celtic and Roman coins in Victoria but they sure still have a bit of that shiney stuff left. Well done!

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
outstanding tinpan, I'd wear out 2 pairs of shoes doing the happy dance after finding that whopper.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, TinPan. Looking for some of that yeller stuff, myself, here in S. Korea. And its here.....what the Japanese left.
Lovely beautiful quartz and gold inlay......I agree with the one hunter, that would make a beautiful necklace, or other piece
of jewelry. Take your time, do the research......let us know what you decide to do with it.
By the way, did you tell us how much the piece weighed? Any idea how much pure gold there is? WTG!!! :thumbsup:

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kongfish said:
what city are you in to find these kind of nuggets?
I think he is from Australia?
Gold interlaced with quartz is actually worth more than just gold... The Mountains around where I am from (before moving to Florida) have the quartz gold in them, an old fellow gave me permission to hunt around his 4 claims but I havent been there for 5 years and I fear he may have died by now.. He had one Gold/quartz nugget that was as big as a soccer ball.. It is in the Baker Museum in Oregon..

CowboyKolo

Nov 11, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum
DaveP. said:
Great Nugget find!!! Hmmm wonder if there are any nuggets here in Indiana?? ???

Dave :coffee2:

Of course there are Dave, same as there are here in Nebraska...
and mighty common they are too. Just drive until you see the color
of those golden arches! ;D :D

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks great, need something like that in Indiana....WoooHooo

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find!! :headbang:

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
you want to take up fishing , i reckon you would land a marlin on a herring hook !!! well done tinpan...neat post......neat nuggett ...neat key...neat fun...

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Wow. Did you knock that tree out of the way to get those nuggets? You definitely tore it up!
Nice set of gold there. I hope you can keep the pace up this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread