My first trip to a park...

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA
We have a large nice park in town with a lake, soccer field, ballfields, tennis, pool, etc.. a big park.
Since I had never been to a park I just went to the area where vendors set up for 4th July etc. I began hunting between the parking area and a fence for the outfield of a ballfield and just went back and forth. I hunted for four hours then I got out my measuring device and measured the area I had searched. I searched 4,200 sq ft in four hours... so I guess I cover 1,000 sq ft in an hour with a Soverign GT. I found 11 pennies, all memorials...about halfway through I stopped digging pennies, I found 4 quarters, 3 nickles, and 10 dimes. I also found a girl scout pin and a child's silver ring that just fit my granddaughter...

I'll have to go back as soon as I recooperate... No one told me about this part...

TODAY I CAN BARELY GO UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS... YEOW.

I usually don't hunt places with so much up and down action. I guess I need to go over there every couple of days until I get in shape, huh.

This is the booty... and the junk that was in the booty. Well... I have tried and tried to post the pix but I can't get them to show up when I try and attach them . I resized them to 75kb but they still wont load. Maybe they'll show up when I post this, if they do...nevermind if they don't, tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

J

Attachments

• PC020078 (676 x 507).jpg
    PC020078 (676 x 507).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 423
  • PC020079 (676 x 507).jpg
    PC020079 (676 x 507).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did it!!

Congrats on your finds! Sounds like you got your exercise for the day!!!!

Nana ;)

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Jbow,

congrat on your finds.

Take it easy, take it slow, enjoy yourself and don't think you have to do it all in a day.

nice finds.

have a good un....................

OP
OP
J

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Jbow,

congrat on your finds.

Take it easy, take it slow, enjoy yourself and don't think you have to do it all in a day.

nice finds.

have a good un....................

I couldn't help it. I was having so much fun...

Heck, it's only pain.

;D

J

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul jbow!!Thats funny,I found the same girl scout pin today.Mine says GSUSA 1980 on the back.WTG!!

Attachments

• gs.jpg
    gs.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 362
D

Diggin It

Your finds are great. It's so hard to set it down. Go at your own pace

BPhillips

Oct 26, 2005
Missouri
jbow said:
We have a large nice park in town with a lake, soccer field, ballfields, tennis, pool, etc.. a big park.
Since I had never been to a park I just went to the area where vendors set up for 4th July etc. I began hunting between the parking area and a fence for the outfield of a ballfield and just went back and forth. I hunted for four hours then I got out my measuring device and measured the area I had searched. I searched 4,200 sq ft in four hours... so I guess I cover 1,000 sq ft in an hour with a Soverign GT. I found 11 pennies, all memorials...about halfway through I stopped digging pennies, I found 4 quarters, 3 nickles, and 10 dimes. I also found a girl scout pin and a child's silver ring that just fit my granddaughter...

I'll have to go back as soon as I recooperate... No one told me about this part...

TODAY I CAN BARELY GO UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS... YEOW.

I usually don't hunt places with so much up and down action. I guess I need to go over there every couple of days until I get in shape, huh.

This is the booty... and the junk that was in the booty. Well... I have tried and tried to post the pix but I can't get them to show up when I try and attach them . I resized them to 75kb but they still wont load. Maybe they'll show up when I post this, if they do...nevermind if they don't, tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

J

I know the feeling! These old bones of mine don't take it as well as they used to, but your right, it is fun.

BPhillips

Mudslide

Sep 18, 2005
Brandon,VT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that bending and stooping really will strengthen your legs and tone you up. Just think- you are having fun and getting in shape at the same time! Good job!!!? ;D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds and exercise! It's a great hobby! HH, Mike

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul - Keep hunting that park! I have one just like it here that I hunt every few weeks, and it always turns up something cool and interesting, and a pocket ful of coins too! Keep hitting it!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second that exercise bit. I have a share in Aleve by now.Thats a great park keep digging.

H H Stan

R

rvbvetter

I feel your pain. Well actually, I felt it at the beginning of this year after one day of detecting. After not detecting for a few years. Surprising how sore they get.
Not to worry, the pain only lasts for days and days. ;D
You did GREAT!! Lookimg forward to seeing your future finds. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread