ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is how I found my second Gold Coin of the year:

Friday I found a Bishop Stortford 1667 token. This token sparked an interest by Shaun7 who lives quite near that place. He looked up a couple of farms in the area, gave them a ring, & the rest is history! THANKS SHAUN ;D

I was extremely lucky to find this, the field we tried are some of the hardest I have done! I was pleased with the Medieval Buckle.

Its a Gold Half Guinea 1777. Strange thing is that a few years ago Cru'dad had a Guinea of the same date - spooky!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 5,397
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 5,235
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 5,196
Upvote 2

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
THANKS - for the banner guys.

I will keep trying to up my game, & things are only due to get better over the next few months. I may need a new spare room :hello:

Hey Crusader,
I don't think you'll need a spare room... You might need a spare house to keep all of us if you keep posting those gold coins :wink: I know what you meant and I hope you do find so much that you need an extra room to display it.

That is another amazing find Cru. Well deserved banner find for sure. Yep, i'm packing my bags right now :wink: :wink: :wink:. Congrats buddy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DANGLANGLEY

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru, that is not luck but rather skill and perseverance.

Sounds like this will be the best MDing year so far! I can't believe you already have this many great finds under your belt before harvest. Man, I've been slacking off this summer. :-\

Best Wishes,

Buck

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly Banner Worthy coins there Crusader :notworthy:

Please leave something in the ground for me :icon_pirat:
I'm considering a working holiday in the UK next year.
Mike

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Great to wake up this morning and see yet another great find on the Banner of yours.. I will not get bored reading your posts until you show us a hoard of gold Romans, I promise.

You are truly an inspiration.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi crusader Wonderfull find. What is the weight of that coin?

tinpan

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jgas said:
Dang Cru that thing shines up like brand spankin new. Major congrats. By the looks of all the digs you must pry up every single signal. True? What did that baby sound like? Get back out there and keep posting Banner finds buddy. Congrats again....jgas

It sounded like a good signal but never guess it was gold :o I dug it up & thought gold foil to begin with.

On the question of digging every signal:
(my settings are basically all metal with no discrim (gives better depth), & therefore I hear all & let my ears make the choice to dig)
I vary my approach depending on a number of factors/conditions. As a generalisation I dig most iffy signals & 80% of the iron.
On new sites with lots of iron I ignore it, so as not to waste time. This had 2 bits of iron on EVERY swing, so not practical to dig all.
On sites we have done for years, I clear every iron nail/tiny piece of lead (sometimes 2mmx2mm blobs)!.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One heck of a find my friend....Congratulations and well deserved BANNER!!! :notworthy: The Hogge

vercingetorix

Sep 30, 2005
Toulouse
CRUSADER said:
jgas said:
Dang Cru that thing shines up like brand spankin new. Major congrats. By the looks of all the digs you must pry up every single signal. True? What did that baby sound like? Get back out there and keep posting Banner finds buddy. Congrats again....jgas

It sounded like a good signal but never guess it was gold :o I dug it up & thought gold foil to begin with.

On the question of digging every signal:
(my settings are basically all metal with no discrim (gives better depth), & therefore I hear all & let my ears make the choice to dig)
I vary my approach depending on a number of factors/conditions. As a generalisation I dig most iffy signals & 80% of the iron.
On new sites with lots of iron I ignore it, so as not to waste time. This had 2 bits of iron on EVERY swing, so not practical to dig all.
On sites we have done for years, I clear every iron nail/tiny piece of lead (sometimes 2mmx2mm blobs)!.
Same for me .

On sites I've been doing for years I dig every single signal iron included ; On rare occasions it also happens that I have to remove a few inches of earth ...where I guess there are more targets buried out of depth . It pays off sometimes ...
:icon_thumright:

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So nothing less than gold to get back on Banner :D :icon_thumright: That's a sweet looking coin and the Roman coin got great patina :thumbsup:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I missed this last night :o

I can only say that's a stunner :o ist't that your second georgion Gold ::)

SS.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:

SS.

thanks mate, yes I had an 1800 1/3rd of a Guinea earlier in the year (I was hopeful of a gold coin this year, but never thought of 2, maybe 3 is possible :dontknow: ). I still haven't got on our best sites yet, however, the Wheat was harvested on 1 of the fields yesterday. Time to take a holiday soon :icon_thumright:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS.

thanks mate, yes I had an 1800 1/3rd of a Guinea earlier in the year (I was hopeful of a gold coin this year, but never thought of 2, maybe 3 is possible :dontknow: ). I still haven't got on our best sites yet, however, the Wheat was harvested on 1 of the fields yesterday. Time to take a holiday soon :icon_thumright:
Not on wheat stubble surely :'(

SS.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS.

Not on wheat stubble surely :'(

SS.

Its hard but it gives us first bite of the cherry

LeonW

Mar 15, 2009
Seems to me the only thing I do is to vote for Banner on your finds - otherwise I am stunned. :wink:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
robfinds said:
Nice one Cru, a very big loss for some unfortunate person in the past. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
Not half as big as shauns :laughing9: (sorry shaun) ::)

SS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread