Sandhurst the 5th gold rush has started.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,Gold has been mined for a 163 years and still today with better mds even more still being found.
Johnny,Frank and myself have come across a site deep in the state park.tailing heeps with many small pieces of gold.Most is not seen by the eye ,so the first miners disguarded the quartz as waste.Several hundred miners worked the area in 1852 -1854. But due too the lack of water life became to hard to mine for gold.We have know worked around the tailing dumps for 3 days and spent 6 hours crushing quartz in a home made dolly and hammer crusher and when panned of in the wash-room sink.

Md,s used gpx 4500,gpx 4000,sd2200 v2 Quite a few more relics have been found but we have no time have a good look at anything.Working till thursday when i going back friday to hit the site again.We are not the only mders out we seen quite a few working the creeks and gullies back up the creek a few miles away.

I will get some pics of this site after we have finished. You ask why. 23 ozs

Johny up to 10 oz,s frank up to9oz,s and i lag behind with 3 and half.I have to work so they got quite a few more hours in than i have.Well hes a few pics and will post more later.

tinpan

Attachments

• S7300753.JPG
    S7300753.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 777
  • S7300756.JPG
    S7300756.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 791
  • S7300757.JPG
    S7300757.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 789
  • S7300758.JPG
    S7300758.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 792
  • S7300752.JPG
    S7300752.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 788
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pics

Attachments

• S7300751.JPG
    S7300751.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 780
  • S7300754.JPG
    S7300754.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 785

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep, an eye out for species(gold on quartz,or reef as you Aussies call it)before you crush it as they will bring a higher premium. :wink: :icon_thumleft:Also take extra caution when panning that type of gold.It reacts differently than smooth placer,and will "Walk",out of your pan.

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
Keep, an eye out for species(gold on quartz,or reef as you Aussies call it)before you crush it as they will bring a higher premium. :wink: :icon_thumleft:Also take extra caution when panning that type of gold.It reacts differently than smooth placer,and will "Walk",out of your pan.

thanks for the advice,but most of the gold is about a gram to a gram and a half to small to get a good price as a reef spec.nothing big found yet.

tinpan

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tinpan said:
kuger said:

thanks for the advice,but most of the gold is about a gram to a gram and a half to small to get a good price as a reef spec.nothing big found yet.

tinpan
Not so fast!If you can see it,you would be surprised.I have sold pin head size at premium. :wink:

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi theres a glut of gold around for sale at the moment.i cannot sell that one ozer i found the other week for the price i want.The price of gold is down at the moment.

tinpan

ds6191

Dec 29, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
23 oz of gold!!!!!! That is awesome, You do great finding those sites. Keep it up, Dan

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8) TP! :o :icon_pirat: Just WoW at the color!! :o Oh...sooo pretty! Fantastic hunting!

Nana :wink:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, 23 oz between the 3 of you is amazing :notworthy: You will definately set off the 5th gold rush in that area. You have an amazing site there :headbang:

goldguru

Aug 24, 2005
Luv Da Yella Gold :notworthy:

U guys got a Fine spot there carefull about it, Loose lips sink ships & all that..

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:

Thanks for your imput, the reason we use a long seal crusher and pan the gold off into a wash house sink is the extra caution required too protect ourselves from quartz dust. A few pieces falling into the bottom of the sink are easy retrieved.Sucking quartz dust into ours lungs is a very dangerous thing too do
Phthisis is a very nasty way to die.The average life span of hard rock gold miners before the use of water was about 15 years.Method of panning is light and i think not piece to date has walked out of the pan.

tinpan

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You bet Tinny."Rocks in the Box", Silicosis....killed many a miner.Glad to know you are checking.I pan dredge concentrates 2-3 hours everynight(unless I am dredging)during the summer and crush and pan during the winter hardrocking,and as I stated hardrock gold is rough and reacts differently than smooth placer gold in the pan.

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
You bet Tinny."Rocks in the Box", Silicosis....killed many a miner.Glad to know you are checking.I pan dredge concentrates 2-3 hours everynight(unless I am dredging)during the summer and crush and pan during the winter hardrocking,and as I stated hardrock gold is rough and reacts differently than smooth placer gold in the pan.

thanks Kuger Wish we could use motorised dredges down under but all methods of finding gold using motorized retrievers has been ban since 1985 in the State of Victoria.Mds and hand tools only.

tinpan

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome take guys!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
Youre a star, what can I say but bloody goodonyamate! I wonder if this is a burnt site or not?

Youre in clover there. Youre doing so well Im just stoked for ya. Thats good money and such good looking gold to boot.

Richly deserved rewards for sure and thanks for always being so willing to share.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff tin :occasion14:

Current gold price puts your 3.5 ounces at $3353.00 USD.

Well done :icon_thumleft:

habs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread