First GOLD times 2 !!

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
my 11th hunt and I finally found some gold, a 10kt ring and a 14kt childs bracelet. :hello2: I'm pretty sure the angel charm is silver but all I can make out is Italy so I won't know until one of my daughters gets home and can read it for me. (note to self: get a magnifying glass ;D )

I also got $1.86 in clad so not a bad couple of hours after work. I found them in a tot lot at a local elem. school I hadn't been to yet. They both rang up as nickels which for me is usually trash and rarely, if ever, a nickel. I can't believe how many rusty nails I find in tot lots with wood chips, must have been chopped up with the wood I'm guessing???

DSC02421.jpg

DSC02416.jpg

Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG finding 2 pieces of gold in one day is a great accomplishment, especially since you are new to the hobby. HH

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the gold X2!! :thumbsup: that bracelet looks heavy those are great finds! well worth a couple of hours of your time, nice digs!, Griff

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the gold. I have yet to find a gold bracelet......Matt

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wtg nice finds

OP
OP
gilgar

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
HA! didn't need the kids, once I got my contacts off I could see the .925 on the little silver angel charm. Of course I had to hold it out at almost arms length :tard:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must have been a virgin tot lot. I find that after I hit a good one, it takes quite a while for it to "replinish". Either that or someone else is hunting them but I have never seen anyone. Monty

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really dont want to be the one to rain on your parade but take it to a jewler and have it tested. Last week I found a 22" neckless that was marked 14k Italy. Had it tested at our club meeting. It weighed 39.0 g thought I had hit the mother load. any way the test revealed that there was absolutely no gold in the neckless. Not even the clasp that was marked. One of the other members then revealed that they have a sandwich baggie full of marked items that have no gold content. There are crooks in every field of endeavor. Hope that yours is the real deal. HHHH

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. That is one FINE looking ring.

A

art of fact

Some nice looking gold jewelry you got there Gilgar,What is the gold looking coin I see in one of your pics ? Art Of Fact.

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
About the nails in a tot lot. I found some drywall nails in a 6 month old tot lot. I talked to the caretaker (it was at a big church) and he siad no dry wall screws were used during construction. Furthermore, I noticed all the screws were found at the bottom of slides and ladders. Either someone was playing with their kids and dropped the nails or some sick B****** had spike the area to injure the kids. Therefore I take time out to hunt these lots looking for nails and screws or other sharp items so the little kids stay safe. I posted about this last year (posting link around here somewhere). So glad we have such an honorable group since I constantly hear about you guys picking up the trash as well as the good stuff.

OP
OP
gilgar

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Happy Harry said:
I really dont want to be the one to rain on your parade but take it to a jewler and have it tested. Last week I found a 22" neckless that was marked 14k Italy. Had it tested at our club meeting. It weighed 39.0 g thought I had hit the mother load. any way the test revealed that there was absolutely no gold in the neckless. Not even the clasp that was marked. One of the other members then revealed that they have a sandwich baggie full of marked items that have no gold content. There are crooks in every field of endeavor. Hope that yours is the real deal. HHHH
Italy was on the silver, not the gold.

art of fact said:
Some nice looking gold jewelry you got there Gilgar,What is the gold looking coin I see in one of your pics ? Art Of Fact.
just plastic play money...Republique du monde :D

PAUL2006

Jun 25, 2009
OREGON
Detector(s) used
whites XLT
COOL FIND :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Attachments

• 31351_large.gif
    31351_large.gif
    34.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 31351_large.gif