1827 Coronet Large Cent - 2nd day at site

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Kirk, Kyle and I got out for an unusual Saturday detectathon. They are more common at the height of detecting season corresponding with crop harvest. Kyle and I did a drive bye on my Friday vacation day and saw that the farmer cut the hay in the horse pasture. No longer 12 inch high obstacle. We were out in above 90 degree heat and humidity. I am used to it due to my job. Me and 3 other people are building new buildings on my work property. Putting up pole buildings all day in the heat has made me a detecting machine. When Kirk decided he had enough I was just getting started. To be fair he did have to work tonight. Kyle right away found a large cent and CKK was off to a determined start. It wasn't 20 minutes later I got a great 83 vdi with the low frequency predominant which informs me to be careful, a copper is below the coil. It was an 1827 Coronet Large cent in great shape. Probably a Newcomb 3 or 8 variety. It was about 20 feet from the Liberty cap I found last Sunday. I looked over to Kirk who wasn't very far from me and he was digging a copper of his own at the very same time. Those guys said they will post tomorrow. After finding a probable cabinet door pull and something undetermined in the relic catagory we decided to call it quits. The owner and his wife were sitting on a bench in the shade so we went over to show them what we found. Their grandsons were peeling some corn on the cob from the fields and we all had a nice chat about the hobby. We will be going back tomorrow for some more fun in the sun. :icon_sunny:
Chris

PIC00015.jpg

PIC00017-2.jpg

PIC00009-5.jpg

PIC00010-1.jpg

PIC00011-5.jpg

PIC00012-4.jpg

Upvote 0

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Unc,

That Coronet is in beautiful shape! I love those largies.

Let's pull some more out tomorrow! Kirk and I both agreed that we have not found the Colonial dwelling that once sat on the property! Let's see if we can nail it!

Your lovely nephew, :D

Nephew ;D

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
KylePA said:
Unc,

That Coronet is in beautiful shape! I love those largies.

Let's pull some more out tomorrow! Kirk and I both agreed that we have not found the Colonial dwelling that once sat on the property! Let's see if we can nail it!

Your lovely nephew, :D

Nephew ;D
I agree ... The colonial dwelling is yet to show us her iron patch.
Uncle Zeus

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG again Chris, you guys are having an outstanding year , again.

Don

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
SAAWEEEET 1827 LARGIE CCZ :icon_thumright: :hello2: :icon_thumleft:

Looks like it was dropped not long after leaving the mint.

I do believe the the first relic in your palm is actually the ignition key to a 1776 Chevy oxen team and wooden cart :icon_biggrin: Awesome find !! :occasion14:

D.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shape WTG man.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006