Have you had your break today?

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Went to McDonalds yesterday on my lunch break........ and Guess what I got in my change...

1890 Indian Head.

Yea. Couldn't believe it either. Those cashiers need to watch what they're giving out.
Acutally they shouldn't so I can get more finds like this.

Keep your eyes on the ground

Steven

Upvote 0

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
THOSE CASHIERS ARE TO BUSY TEXTING ON THEIR CELL PHONES, AND MOST ARE TWO YOUNG TO KNOW WHAT A INDIAN HEAD PENNY IS, AS LONG AS ITS COPPER LOOKING , LOL ?, MY WIFES FRIEND IS NEW HERE IN STATES, SHE WORKS AS A CASHIERS, SHE ALWAYS GIVING THE WRONG CHANGE BACK, SHE SAID THIS AMERICAN MONEY HARD TO TELL APART , ITS ALL THE SAME COLORS,, LOL

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA
That's the result of some kid looting dads or grand-dads collection for spending money... or some kind of theft for spending money by some kid...

Good for you but sucks for someone. No way it got there through regular circulation imo, ya think?

Good find though, I look at every coin that passes through my hands and pick up every penny I see, even the new shiny ones.

J

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o I had a silver quarter a month ago....Keep checking that change...Seeker

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little off subject but I wonder why they don't teach kids to make change in school anymore? I'll bet half the young teachers can't do it either! If you ever question their change, the almost panic! If it isn't what the computer on the register says, they just stand there with a hand full of change and look confused! It's kinda' funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Some times I'll say something like, "Two dimes, a quarter and three pennies" and they look at me like how'd you know that? It's magic! Monty

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Haha Thanks for all of the posts guys.
It's a beauty. I'm sure it had to be in somebody's collection because it doesn't look like it's been circulated much.

Keep your eyes on the ground..... or on your lunch change.

Steven

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions