Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted a few fields near a castle today. By chance, I ran into the owner who owns several fields and some forest near the lower part of the castle where I wanted to detect. The law states you cannot detect within 50 meters of a historical site without a permit and they disapproved my requested fields around the immediate castle on my permit so this was perfect. The owner also thinks the defensive position in the lower part of the picture is on his property as well. After some conversation and permission granted to hunt all of his land, I got to swinging. The picture makes this area look small and quaint but it is huge and some of it very rugged. I hope to find that defensive position someday, the owner gave me some clues.
47b4cf08b3127cce9d20e799a0dd00000016108AYsWjhy5cta

After a good 3.5 hours of detecting in the cold and up hill both ways, I hadn?t found much. Here?s the finds, another harmonica piece, another piece of riveted metal and a 1940 Zinc 10 Pfenning coin with a swastika.
47b5cc31b3127cce959ad86577f200000016108AYsWjhy5cta

I positioned myself as close to the line from the defensive position to the castle using the church as a reference point then got as close to the castle within reason hoping to find a cannon ball or some musket balls from the battles that were fought here. This kind of detecting requires much patience as I was hunting for a long time without finding anything and then finally, a musket ball. I was really happy to find it but there is always the question of did it really come from a battle? Then just a few feet away, another musket ball that looks to be the same caliber. I really think the musket balls are from the battle of 1704. I grid the area and didn?t find anything else. Then I realized it was almost dark and I had to walk through a forest to get back to the car, wow, it gets really dark in a forest.
47b5cc31b3127cce959ad86377f400000016108AYsWjhy5cta

I found this interesting thing on a lower grassy field. It is somewhat mysterious looking and possibly old. I scratched away some of the thick build up and exposed a yellow brass material, reminds me of a monk with a helmet on, I can see eyes and a mouth in the face area with an extension of the helmet covering the nose. Thanks for looking and HH, Mike
47b5cc31b3127cce959ad86777f000000015108AYsWjhy5cta

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats some great stuff mike. looks like youve found a spot with a lot of potential! (if you can stand the cold!!) ;D

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
BM,

nice artifacts.

Good presentation on your post, very interesting.

Sounds like you had a good workout, those types of hunts are the best.

As far as the dark woods, whistle, it keeps the things that go bump in the night away.

have a good un......

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
I think I can speak for most everyone else when I express how jealous I am that you live in a place that has stuff like castles, and really old history! :D

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ought to write a book.Always have a great story to go along with your finds! :)

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
looking good, would be nice to hunt a place like that,,

Daniel in NC

Dec 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Great finds...how big is the monk. It looks like it could be the top of a flag pole...the kind of flag poles that are carried while marching. My $.02. Goog luck on that site.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! :o

I could not imagine getting to hunt in a place like that!

Thanks so much for sharing your finds!

;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions