ON A QUEST FOR GOLD (3 days on NC/SC beaches)

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
Friday evening I drove down to Wilmington NC on a 3 day quest for gold. I told myself I would not leave until I found at least one piece of gold. I arrived at the beach around 5 PM and hunted til about 1:30 AM. I found a lot of clad and a Sacajawea golden dollar. No real gold . I slept for about 4 hours and then went another 20 miles or so to another beach. arrived there about 5 30 AM Saturday and met a bunch of CRABS (Carolina Relic And Beach hunters society) members on the beach. I hunted there almost all day and found a lot more clad , some euro and Canadian coins and a 925 silver bracelet with stones interlinked with silver links, and a tongue or eyebrow stud and an earring, some junque jewelry and of course , no beach bag is complete without a welding clamp...lol.. I also found a cell phone that was dropped the night before . I called some contact numbers on the phone and left messages that I had found this phone on the beach and was trying to locate the owner to return it. Within 5 mins the calls were being returned and one of the contacts was on his way to pick up the phone. while waiting for the contact to arrive , the owner called and said it was ok to give the phone to his friend and he thanked me for finding it and returning it. Within an hour of finding it , the phone was returned to the owner. Still no gold , but at least some silver. I then decided to drive to Myrtle Beach SC since I was only an hour away and hunt there all evening and Sunday morning. I found more clad , a no cash value arcade token , a 925 hoop earring and a fish shaped pendant(silver?...i dunno) with JESUS stamped on it. I didn't find any gold , so , by Sunday afternoon I was ready to head home. I guess finding gold this weekend was not meant to be. I'll settle for the silver for now.

Thanks for looking and HH y'all.

Attachments

• DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 749
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 744
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 744
  • DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 738
Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG, it seems like you had a great time in spite of not finding gold. You did get some nice pieces of silver and a good box full of clad. I wouldn't be disappointed at all.

PAUL2006

Jun 25, 2009
OREGON
Detector(s) used
whites XLT
wow awesome find :headbang: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 31351_large.gif
    31351_large.gif
    34.8 KB · Views: 638
  • 31351_large.gif
    31351_large.gif
    34.8 KB · Views: 631

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice going!
That's still a great bunch of finds. You'll hit it next time.
Mike

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: nice finds silver works

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on all of your finds. Was you hunting the water or the sand. Wht your your total clad count for the week end. Sure hope the gold comes for you the next time.....Matt

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk about dedication, sorry you didn't get the gold, but what an awesome way to spend the weekend.

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Anytime you can fill a big mac box up with change, you're doing good!!!

OP
OP
G

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
mlayers said:
WTG on all of your finds. Was you hunting the water or the sand. Wht your your total clad count for the week end. Sure hope the gold comes for you the next time.....Matt

I was hunting the dry sand ,,,,my old Nautilus DMC VLF does not work well in the wet sand or surf. I found well over 20 dollars in clad ,,,most of the quarters were spent on gasoline, drinks, or food over the weekend....otherwise the big mac box would've been overflowing. I really need to get a good beach hunting detector. All the CRABS had them but I found the best piece with the 925 bracelet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions