Cool Find(to me anyway)

Suckerpunched

Nov 15, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Haven't posted for awhile, but been doin alittle detecting when I get the chance, not as much as I'd like though...I have however, found alittle silver(ring and tie clip) and a small gold ring with diamond(tot lot find). Wish I had a decent camera to post pictures. What I am getting to is what I found in my front yard this evening(everytime I go out I find stuff I've missed)
First good thing was what I think is a lipstick tube from the 50's, say's"Helen Neushaeffer.Inc" But....next to it I found a small token,,bout the size of a dime, from Vietnam. It's a 10cent token that has"5th Special Forces Group Nha Trang VN" on one side and "Playboy Club" on the other. I can't read all of the writing as it is alittle corroded and I don't want to overclean it. I'm hoping that someone can give me some info on the history of it.
Thanks for reading and HH......TC

Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is surely a cool find and a nice piece of history. :icon_thumleft: That token may have been used in the PX, or bars in VN I am not sure. I did google "5th Special Forces Group Nha Trang VN", and there are a ton of listings and a history for the 5th Special Force that was in VN from 1964 until 1973. It makes some interesting reading. Iwould try and see who owned your property since the 70's and track the name against enlisted men.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: awsome dind wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread