nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice relics!! i love finding old buttons....great job!!

HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work!? I found a site like that and it has hundreds of pieces of shards, but there's so much trash it's really hard to hunt.? There's an old capped oil well next to it and there's a ton of large scrap metal around it!? Monty

And...My eyes aren't so good anymore but it looks like you also found four of Howard Hughs' fingernails,two petrified mushrooms, an alien boat oar,three of my wife's donuts some unidentifiable stuff and oh yes some petrified snot at the top center! ;) It's four AM and I feel silly!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Mman,

nice group of artifacts there, hope you make it back to that location. Sounds interesting.

have a good un..............

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
Snee said:
You talk about finding an 1830 bust dime like it was an every day thing! :D

I was thinking the same thing! :o

Ho Hum, another bust dime.....

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a 1830 what is that something along the lines of about 175 years old give or take. Might as well be 200 years.

Nice find

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Nice finds. The nice thing in my area is that there is plenty of forest. The bad thing, it's all national forest. I wish I could hunt the old sites I've come across while hunting. (deer) Then maybe I could find something 1800's. I envy you dude. WTG

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
should turn up some more great stuff!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice site to hunt and congrats on the relics and silver bust dime! Probably many more relics there. Are the walls still standing? Foundations? Cellar? I would check all those places as well and use a rake in other areas like the cellar floor. A suggestion on detecting walls, remove the lower rod and coil and detect the wall holding the lower rod, you can be more accurate and you won't wear out your arm. Those type of sites are rare or protected in Germany, they just keep using and renovating, some of the oldest houses around here are 750 years old, LOL! HH and good luck, Mike

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
Nice stuff. For just a short while digging you hit it good. I like the harness rings on the right. 2 of spoon fragments look to be pewter? can we get a better pic of the buttons and dime? always check the back of your flat buttons. The Andrew Jackson campaign button I found looked like the hundreds of others I found till I checked the back. good job. Go back and dig it all. If there are bust dimes there there will be large cents.

TimmyNY

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
worn,used,bent, i be more then happy, finding one old bust dime, .. great job there, keep digging,

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job !!!!!.....Nothing like Hunting those Old Cellar Holes...and it looks like theres more where that came from....Merry Christmas .......Seeker

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!

Looking forward to seeing your return trip finds too!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread