Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did this most of the afternoon with the family, I was sledding and the kids were snow boarding, wifey did a little of both on this ski slope that was not open. My wife is the talented one that has taught our kids how to ski and snow board, my 8 yr old daughter and 11 yr old son are naturals and make skiing and snow boarding look easy. We had a blast but I was so happy to hear the kids say they wanted to go home, almost two hours of daylight left in this day and it wasn?t frozen down in my lower hunting areas! That?s me on the sled, steering control and braking works well, better than the old two runner sleds, LOL!
47b5cc30b3127cce9580a10aee2300000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Arrived home and changed into the detector cloths and headed out to a nearby grass field, no snow here and it?s just 10 minutes away from the ski slope. I think the find Gods have gone south for the winter but left me a few scant finds. Found a few interesting things, a 1924 two pfennig coin, a military button with the number 3 on it and a 1920ish aluminum 50 pfennig coin in poor condition. Had a very nice day in the great outdoors. HH and thanks for looking, Mike
47b5cc30b3127cce9580a1f4eedd00000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff!!I went to skiing last march for the first time.I did not think that I would make it.LOL I really like that button. :o Stay warm and take care.

medicman

May 7, 2004
hey mike love that button any ideas on the type it is? i have never seen one like that before.HH, wendell

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say Mike I sure like that button. Have you thought of posting on what is it? That is a good research project on bad weather days. HH Stan

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Man Mike...Skiing, boarding, sledding and metal detecting in one day!?!?! Is that all you could get done? In Colorado I would have gotten some rock climbing, biking and fishing in there too! No sense in wasting daylight ;D What did you find out about the button? Is it military? Good hunting for a quickie~CO2 ;)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a great day!!!!

Congrats on you finds!!

;)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
i cant take the cold like that any more..lol.... need my sun light n heater,

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a little research on the button, almost sure it is German, late 1800s. The area I live in is a small town, the secret is, it was a cross roads when founded in 1008 and still is today. This is why I find so many out of town type finds from all over the place. Armies would come through here, camp a few days then move on to whatever war was happening. While researching, I saw many pictures of soldiers with harmonicas which also explains the hundreds of harmonica pieces I find. HH and thanks for the comments, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions