Kansas Romp

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Went to meet and hunt with Idburdie today. I had a great time and was glad to meet another member of this forum. We hunted an alfalfa field that was part of the Chisum Trail. We had a number of finds including square nails, numerous relics, and a base of a shotgun shell. Idburdie found some various relics including a horseshoe, bullets one was cut in half,amongst others.
Since I had the camera, I'll post the pics and let burdie narrate the rest. Thanks again Burdie for a great time and dinner! Looking forward to coming back. stoney56

Attachments

• Idburdie.JPG
    Idburdie.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 403
  • burdie finds.JPG
    burdie finds.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 420
Upvote 0

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great time also Jeff. I think may be if we do a coin dance next time we will have better luck. The place we searched was on the Chisholm trail. A red light house was located here and three other houses. All in the 1890's
I was sad that Stoney didn't bring his snow bunnies to dig for us. I am still not sure what happened when stoney went to the woods and came back with a chamber pot. It is great to have a new friend.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Stoney, ID,

sounds like you guys had a good time. That's what it's all about.

both of you have a good un.............

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds you two! Looks like you have done your research. Great job!

Kent

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
IDburdie said:
I. I am still not sure what happened when stoney went to the woods and came back with a chamber pot.

Chamber pot? I thought that was a mixing bowl. ;D

Tnx Sherm, we had a good time and both of us learned a little something.

Kent, Idburdie did do some pretty good research. One thing about MDing is researching your own backyard per se as you never know what's just down the road waiting.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK now.......bullets....horseshoes.....AND a chamber pot! :D

I know you two had a great time ..congrats on your finds........

I ain't never found any chamber pots.....

:D

Z

ZumbroKid

Stoney, did you dump the chamber pot out? It will make for easier carrying. How do you plan to clean it? ;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice you guys hooked up and made some interesting finds! HH, Mike

R

rvbvetter

Sounds like a fun time was had. Good thing it wasn't a 2 chamber, chamber pot.
HH

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know one thing. You can't meet better friends than whats on this forum. Truthfully I am not sure what he found but the chamber pot made for a better story. I am not going to give up on that place. There has to be more than one coin in this field. In fact I am going back out today.
Did any body notice in the picture the handle to a strong box? Well may be not. But it could make a good story also.
Thanks Stoney for the advise on the Fisher. I had a good time.

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nana40 said:
OK now.......bullets....horseshoes.....AND a chamber pot!? :D

? ? ? ? ? ?I ain't never found any chamber pots.....

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?:D

Well, we just thought to ourselves how would Nana hunt this area and well there ya go. LOL

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like you guys had a good time. There's got to be a coin or two there somewhere! Is the chamber pot in good shape?

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Getting together with friends and MDing, does it get any better. Glad you two had a great time and found some neat things. Congrats to both of you on your hunt.

Ken

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Thanks guys. The ground was a bit on the hard side but the site has a lot of potential. Stan did a good job researching thsi site and has other irons in the fire that are very intriging. I think that with a fair amont of moisture that the finds will improve quite a bit.
The chamber pot 1/2 came from the creekbed behind the houses. There were a few other things along there as well that I didn't get pics of. Stan asked me up as a fellow MDer and to get an assessment of the area. I think we both learned from each other and I'm proud to meet a new friend. stoney56

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a half a$$ed chanber pot? Funny of all the finds the chamber pot should get all the attention! I guess many of us got stuck in the anal stage of development and that's why we spend so much time looking and digging? Still trying to find out what happened to all that poop when we were three years old! :D Yes, I was a Psyche major! Monty

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Good to see you ID. Can't ask for a better partner than Stoney. Jeff, you must have some time on your hands to be able to go all the way up to Kansas to hunt. Should have given a holler, I'm just one state west of you guys. Congratulations on your finds and getting out to hunt together. Hope you find the trunk full of coins that the handle fell off of! ~CO2 ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread