nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's Finds, old homesite...buffalo, wheat, neat looking whatzit..lots of pics

I went back to this old homesite that I had hunted before and posted pics of before...didn't do good last time, just one jefferson nickel from the 70's but today was a different story...Got started around noon, temp was around 35 and it snowed on me all day but I found this 1935 buffalo nickel and a no date wheatie...also found this neat looking old compact complete with applicator and mushy old old makeup. Also got this ornate looking whatzit, found it in two separate pieces a few feet apart and after I cleaned them up I noticed that they fit together, but I have no ideat what it is, on the back side it has "teeth" for some reason. Oh and what looks like a button off of some jeans that says IPANA. Almost forgot to mention the biggest friggin pulltab that I have ever seen....lol...hopefully this won't be the last time that I get to hunt this year because of the weather...keeping my fingers crossed for next weekend!

HH

Attachments

• 12_11_indian (Medium).jpg
    12_11_indian (Medium).jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 561
  • 12_11_wheat (Medium).jpg
    12_11_wheat (Medium).jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 552
  • 12_11_relics1 (Large).jpg
    12_11_relics1 (Large).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 557
  • 12_11_relics2 (Large).jpg
    12_11_relics2 (Large).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 550
Upvote 0

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro
Re: Today's Finds, old homesite...buffalo, wheat, neat looking whatzit..lots of pics

Nice finds. Try and dig up some history on the property. It may give you a better idea at what you'll find...HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's Finds, old homesite...buffalo, wheat, neat looking whatzit..lots of pics

Those two parts that fit together look like a butterfly broach to me, perhaps a large stone of some kind in the middle? Anyway, nice finds and you are going back aren't you? Monty

BPhillips

Oct 26, 2005
Missouri

Some nice looking finds. Congrats.

BPhillips

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice collection of finds ! Keep us posted.

Huntin' 59er

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II

Nice finds and great spot Nevrdun...Trk5capt nailed the ID's. The buckle was originally hinged and a cloth belt ran through the slot and behind the toothed portion creating pressure on the teeth to grab the belt. If the Impana piece is threaded, it's definitely a cap. I found one this year that's octagonal and says Proctor and Gamble on it. The small doored barn is probably a buggy shed. Great potential for relics. Good luck on future hunts there.~CO2 ;D

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York

congrats on the finds. Nickel is in very good shape for out of the ground. shed with small doors could be chicken coop. great place for a Cache.

TimmyNY

G

Greybeard1

nevrdundetecting,
Those are some cool finds! Bet there are plenty more to be found at that site... Good luck and HH!

Pat

BTW, That super-pulltab looks like one that used to come on cans of Vienna Sausages "many" years ago!

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds! Tsgman

Dirtfishin

Dec 3, 2005
Southern Tier NY (temp)
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace100 (my first one)
White's Surf Pro PI
Nokta Legend

fleamistress said:
FWIW:? The clasp looks Art Nouveau to me.

Tomorrow the Bounty HUnter is coming.? I can't WAIT to hit the earth.

Too bad there isn't any in Manhattan.
:'(

Cyn
[/quote

HELLO Central Park! I'd check around the old Zoo and the Carousel. Or hop on over to Brklyn and Brighton Beach!

;D

Kat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread