Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothin' to great here folks but it was a good time on a rare cool So. Nevada day. Could not enter the ghost town since they didn't allow MD but found these items 'bout a half mile outta town.

First is a ol' metal file second a shotgun shell. The file was found 'bout 4 inches deep in all metal mode and the shell was also found in the same area 'bout the same depth.

The shotgun shell was marked on the headstamp WINCHESTER REPEATER NO. 12 After doin' a lil research on Winchester headstamps I found that it had a circa 1896-1900 and likely was shot from an ol' Winchester Repeater.

Would have been nice to find that shotgun but all and all a fun day out in the field. My brother-in-law also found some ol' metal cups as well. Not to bad for a few hours work.

Attachments

• metal file.jpg
    metal file.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 701
  • shotgun shell.jpg
    shotgun shell.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 690
Upvote 1

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a couple of good finds . How did you know that there was no metal detecting allowed in that ghost town?

OP
OP
goldhat

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for gettin' back guys. I'm gonna hit that area once again this time doin' a lil better job. I agree there may be more in that area.

As far as the town not allowing MD's it didn't specifically state that. What it stated on the signs was "do not disturb structures and no excavating "

Didn't mention MD's so I guess it's a gray area? Why not put no metal detectin' is my question.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck today . Care full where you drive a motorised vehicle over here ., alot of areas are off limits or restricted axcess in southern Nevada.

Likely Guy

goldhat said:
Thanks for gettin' back guys. I'm gonna hit that area once again this time doin' a lil better job. I agree there may be more in that area.

As far as the town not allowing MD's it didn't specifically state that. What it stated on the signs was "do not disturb structures and no excavating "

Didn't mention MD's so I guess it's a gray area? Why not put no metal detectin' is my question.

'No Excavating' covers all the bases. You don't specifically need an MD to find artifacts.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: nice finds

OP
OP
goldhat

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may head on out later in the afternoon or durin' the week. A lot less looky lookers on the weekdays.

Sure would love findin' an old Winchester Repeater layin' around.

goldhat

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling about not being able to hunt relics and trying to get a piece of history. Most of the better ghost towns in NJ are under the National Park system, no digging :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread