Bullets and Jewels...strange mix today.....

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey yall! Went out to hunt this afternoon. Went back to the spot that I found the miniballs last week and found more! Someone must have had a hole in their pocket! :D I found the other bullets in the same area and I went back and got a strand of the barbed fence....but I put it down and forgot it! I'll go back..... ::) Got dark and had to leave...needed to go shopping anyhow. In the parking lot I noticed a really shiny something just twinkling at me....so I went on over and picked it up! Very pretty....but not real. Says MONET on the back. I had a great time today..hope you all did too!

Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• 121205findsII.JPG
    121205findsII.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 442
Upvote 0

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Did you find those musket balls anywhere near a battlefield, or was it just some guy 200 years ago hunting or something? :)

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Looks like you had a good hunt today Nana. Been busy and the weather been raining, so haven't been able to back out into the woods. Friend on the mountain has a spot for me to try that use to be a old still area. So once the weather gets better hope to get out there and see if there anything good. Well congrats on your finds today.

Ken

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cool finds nana!! i like the layout on the blanket too....very creative
hopefully the bracelet is worth something$$$$

HH

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know you've got it bad when you're scouring the parking lot! ;D Great job on the minie balls!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Nana,

never know what your going to find, when your going to find it, or where.

have a good un.............

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Awesome finds nana! the wadcutters are fairly modern but the musketballs are probably over a hundred years old. They are the pistol shot size too it looks like!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nice finds Nana! I always try and keep my eyes down during this time of year as everyone is in a rush and start dropping things, be it jewelry, change, even paper money. HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just goes to prove you're a bullet magnet! Ever think of changing your name to "bulletbabe"? Very nice finds! Excellent! Monty

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Greats digs, and a great Eyeballer,,, WTG!!!
Good luck & Happy hunting~

WV_Detecting

Oct 24, 2005
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I read a few years back in one of the treasure mags about detecting snow piles from snow plows on parking lots which can be quite rewarding for wintertime digs...I walked over to one last winter while it was thawing out and could see pennies on top along with some other items. If a person with the right luck and persistence got the right piles I am sure there is a ring or two lost while putting the little ones into their car seats, much less anything else...just a tip for those that had never thought of it, plus it is great for when the ground is frozen to go and detect a snow pile..

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the musket balls! Any idea of the history in that area, where did they come from? Nice bracelet eye find, how deep was it, LOL! HH, Mike

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
nana youre in alabama right? do you think you just might have stumbled across a skirmish or battle field site? you are finding an awfull lot of those musket balls to have been dropped by some wayward hunter.just a thought but there seems to be a large concentration of them in that area. maybe a trip to the local historical society is in order? nice finds!! ;)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Great find nana...that bracelet is sure going to look better around your wrist...much better than the musket balls ..haha
with all the snow I am heading to the parking lots too....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions