I found another US BELT BUCKLE, by TSGMAN

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been detecting about 10 years and have always wished I would find a US belt buckle. I finally did a few weeks ago. My hunting buddy John and I went back to The campsite we found earlier, the top 2 or 3 inches was frozen so the digging was tough. We continued to find the dropped bullets and occasional buttons. Just about the time we were going to leave because of darkness I got a good signal and decided I could dig one more target. After getting through the frozen layer I dug another 4 inche's and pinpointed the target with my White's Bullseye Pinpointer, I knew when I removed it that it was a buckle, because I could see the hooks. It was exactly the same circumstances as the last US Buckle I dug a few weeks ago in that it was totally dark and the last target I was going to dig. John said it was the law of averages catching up to me. I suppose he could be right, but I felt guilty finding 2 of them. The funny thing about it, we have covered that area pretty well and we keep on finding more signals that didn't seem to be there a week ago? Tsgman

Attachments

• CI9D8A~1.JPG
    CI9D8A~1.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 457
  • CI998E~1.JPG
    CI998E~1.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 467
  • CI9982~1.JPG
    CI9982~1.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 470
  • civil war camp 12-05 156.jpg
    civil war camp 12-05 156.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 460
Upvote 0

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Man what a great find and finds. Like we say...no place is hunted out. Always seems like there's something else in the ground somewhere. Good hunt on your rehunt. Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions