First "Recover and Return"

MB36

Tenderfoot
Nov 1, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
First "Recover and Return"

Had the opportunity yesterday, along with hunting partner Colorado2 to search for a silver earring with a garnet, lost by a woman over four years ago. So, I took a few hours off from my "real" job to share in this recovery effort. Fortunately, her front yard, where she believed she had lost it, was realtively small!? Searching for a specific item is work compared with just digging those other "true" signals.? After an hour of hunting, I located the below earring, giving CO2 and me the chance to do some more relaxed hunting.? Adding to this earring recovery and return to a grateful owner, was
my first gold find as well!? Another earring, with 42 intact peridot stones.?Colorado2 will be adding pictures of that earring to this post later. Just goes to prove that a few hours off work in the middle of a day is really good for a soul! ~MB36

Attachments

• First find.jpg
    First find.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 464
  • Dcp03279.jpg
    Dcp03279.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 393
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MB36

Tenderfoot
Nov 1, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
Re: First "Recover and Return"

Monty was asking how I went about finding earring #2.? Earring #1 was about 4 inches deep and after I found it, I? kept searching the yard with just relics discriminated out. Earring #2 was only 1/2 inch deep and was in an area about 8 " X 8 " that had a bunch of pennies dropped.? I just kept getting solid coin/jewelry readouts with my QXT in that area, and I was digging all of them, one of which was earring #2.~MB36

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread