old coca cola {good luck} watch fob

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
found these while out hunting today coca cola watch fob says "drink coca cola in bottles 5c
coca cola 001.jpg
armour and company token
front
armour front 001.jpg
back
armour back 001.jpg

Upvote 5

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool wtg :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
woody_g

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
House:
A sterling silver Coca Cola watch fob in the shape of a swastika, made in 1916, suggests the swastika was still a viable commercial icon in the teens. The Coca Cola Company does not list this fob among its collectibles and says it has no files on swastika souvenirs. The fob is a little larger than a Kennedy half dollar.
http://www.hoohoohouse.com/hoohoo_house/2008/07/early-use-of-th.html

it was made like that.found a picture on the internet of it.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very interesting find and for Coke collectors a must have, if it is the real deal. I always thought the original swastika was backwards from the American Indian, then Hitler inverted it. :dontknow: Live and learn ;D

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI, Ace 250,Excal 1000,PI Dual Field, Sand Shark
That is one interesting fob, it's a shame the attachment point is gone; but I suppose that is how it was lost in the first place.

I've always been aware of the Indian use of that symbol, but I did not know it was used close to the turn of the century as a good luck symbol in America. Excellent history lesson in the link.

I is a shame people get so wrapped up in symbolism and have such thin skin, but don't give the homeless guy living on the street in America a second thought as they drive or walk by him. :dontknow:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi i think,if took this charm [fob] to a coke-cola collectors fair you would start a riot lol These sort of collectors are obsessed.That find of yours is awsome.

tinpan

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I'm sure you make a mint off that fob. Thanks for link as well, I learned something new.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is one AWESOME watch fob, congrats on a great collectible!

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
"Moral Order In The Universe", Navajo.
The Navajo symbol has some stick people and pennants attached to it.
The India swastika is not fancy.
So since the Navaho's are not Indian and the Indians are not Navajo, let's call them by what they are from hence for out. Natives and Indians.
Nice find. I saved a copy of the one in the link.
Speaking of Coke. Everyone knows that the Tersergiving French Lutherines used to ambush Tersergiving Spanish Treasure Ships on the West Indies Island of Colcaine? I think this place named Colcaine, West Indies, (1562), is no longer around.
Updated. After researching web, I have found no Island, in modern search engines,injuns, named Colcaine. So it is history too.

OP
OP
woody_g

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
went to half price books and found a coca cola collectables book.this was a 2001 edition and a complete fob with strap was 185.00.not that i want to sell it its just nice to see the value of it.surely the price has gone up since then.

rogues71

May 9, 2009
mesa az
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
gratz on the fob. if you indeed can get any documentation on it, as a collectable item its worth rises quickly depending on whats on the current market. besides it looks unique.

fatkook626

Apr 26, 2013
south carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ace 350 and 150
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow I found one of those coke fobs and was wondering how much it would be worth? It still has the attachment point but isn't in too good of shape besides that but you can still read coca cola in bottle five cents and at the bottom it almost looks like it says Milwaukee at the bottom in really tiny letters

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions