fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit my usual spot this morning for about 3 hours. Came out with a swim tag, silver spoon, and a aluminum token of some sort. The ground is hard on them. Also the 2 bottle. One says "Salt Lake Coca Cola Bottling Co." on it.

Thanks for looking!! ;D

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 739
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 725
Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: cool finds, very nice bottles

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. Like the bottle....HH

OP
OP
F

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
creeper71 said:
what is the blue bottle?
Im not sure what the blue bottle is but on the bottom is says A.B.Co. with a 6 under it. i dont think its a whiskey bottle considering it was founf in Utah!!! ;D ;D

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
fmrUSMC_0844 said:
creeper71 said:
what is the blue bottle?
Im not sure what the blue bottle is but on the bottom is says A.B.Co. with a 6 under it. i dont think its a whiskey bottle considering it was founf in Utah!!! ;D ;D
found a lil bit of info for ya...

A.B.CO................American Bottle Company (1905-1929). Chicago, IL (office - 1905-1916); Toledo, OH (office - 1916-1929). Glass plant locations at Streator, IL; Newark, OH; Belleville, IL; Massillon, OH & Wooster, OH. The American Bottle Company was purchased by Owens Bottle Machine Company in 1916 (with some of the plants being closed soon afterwards) but the Streator and Newark plants continued to operate under the American Bottle Co. name until 1929, when they became part of the merger that resulted in Owens-Illinois Glass Co. (For Streator and Newark plant marks from 1916 to 1929, see "17N" and "16S" entries). Most, if not all, of the "AB", "AB CO." and "A.B.CO." marked bottles are believed to date between 1905 and 1916. However, it is possible that some bottles with these markings might date between 1916 and 1929, but, if so, could only have been made at either the Streator or Newark plant.

OD_hunt

Aug 16, 2009
South Africa
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Hey All

Excuse for asking as I'm a newbie to detecting but, how do you find the bottles? If they're under ground there's surely no way your detector will find them? Otherwise if they're on the ground or partly visible then it's self explanatory ;) Just wondering... Thanks, OD

OP
OP
F

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OD_hunt said:
Hey All

Excuse for asking as I'm a newbie to detecting but, how do you find the bottles? If they're under ground there's surely no way your detector will find them? Otherwise if they're on the ground or partly visible then it's self explanatory ;) Just wondering... Thanks, OD
I just got lucky with the bottles. I usually dont look for them. But its a bonus when i find some.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread