Last find of the year ... ***GOLD***.... time to sell the ACE250 !!

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Have not been around here much as of late because I have not been able to get much hunting in due to the "degeneration" problem with my knees. ( being 300 LBs does not help a whole lot with my leg problems? :D )

( Actually, I lied about not being around here much ..... I have, but only to read about & view all of the AWESOME finds by the rest of you !! I hope to get myself in better shape to get BACK to Metal Detecting ASAP )

My LAST find of the year was also IMO, my BEST find !! It convinced me to give in to my neighbor and sell him my ACE250 that he has been bugging me about for WEEKS !! I will sell the coin off on eBay early next month and combined with the $200.00 I got for the ACE & some Fantasy Baseball winnings for the year, spring for a Whites Detector as soon as I feel my body will cooperate with the use I plan on giving it.

Unearthed this on Sunday afternoon.

I am happier than a kitten following a leaky cow !!? ;D

Hope everyone here has a GREAT Holiday Season !!

Attachments

• 6227.jpg
    6227.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 522
  • 6227a.jpg
    6227a.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 539
Upvote 0
G

Greybeard1

Congratulations on an awsome find.!! 8) I must agree with several others... I don't think I could sell my first gold coin. How about some details on your find? Unless of course, you don't want to reveal that yet!
Regardless, super find. Now go find the mates to it that are still buried!
Good luck and HH ;D

OP
OP
M

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
relic said:
i would not sell it myself.? nice RARE find. i mean the most this coin is worth? is about $125.00 even on ebay maybe less your taking a chance ::)

I sell a LOT of coins on eBay. I figure this one to bring between $150-$200. I know what a lot of you meen about not selling it at all, but I have no one to "will it to", ( somehow I imagine hands being raised while saying "ME !! ME !!"? :D ) so if it can help out with my finanial situation, why not ? I dug up a 1892 Barber quarter at the beginning of the year that I said I would never sell. Well, I did & it brought $82.00 !! That buys a Lot-o-batteries !!? ;)

Many of you have asked for "Details"? Here is the "Short" version ... after a hard rain....in the woods...SLOW search...weak fluckuating gold range signal...dug it at 6 inches...was NOT a pulltab...smiling Billy !! You pretty much can fill in the blanks.? ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"YOU'RE GONNA WHAT!"

I didn't just read that you wanted to sell it did I? ???

Wow Mississippi! What a find! I know you were very pleased with yourself when you dug that one up!

;)

OP
OP
M

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Nana40 said:
"YOU'RE GONNA WHAT!"?

? ? I didn't just read that you wanted to sell it did I?? ???

Wow Mississippi! What a find! I know you were very pleased with yourself when you dug that one up!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ;)

Thanks nana

Even if I DO sell it ( already had an offer to buy it ), I will ALWAYS remember finding it !!

;)

Z

ZumbroKid

Its ok to sell stuff you dug up. Thats why this is the hobby that pays for itself.

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
Congrats on your Gold coin. It Just doesn't get any better than that. I hope one day to find one of my own. Untill then I will keep Looking. trk5capt...

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Mississippi Yankee,
Congratulations on that beautiful find! I understand exactly what you mean about the knees. (Was 277 a few months ago!)
Good luck on getting a new detector and better luck on getting back in shape to use it.

grizzly bare

Z

ZumbroKid

If your going to sell it, there are other ways to make money off it. First contact Garret for the advertizing angle, this might be of interest to them for the Ace 250 is fairly new. Second the metal detecting magazines pay for articles they print.

froggy38383

Sep 27, 2005
Great find... It is YOUR coin and you can do whatever YOU want with it. You can always keep the memory of the great experience finding it.

Last year some one broke into my house and stole 18 years worth of finds. One thing they could not take away was the memories of the pleasure and satisafaction I got from making all those great finds. I am slowly building back my collection.

Best of luck in the coming year, may you find many more good things. Hope you enjoy the new detector.

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold ! I'm glad for you. Thanks for sharing with us. Good Luck on getting back in shape !

Huntin' 59er

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
First off...I can't believe this post got so few replies!???

I don't even recall even seeing it when it was originally posted. But back in December of 2005 I don't think I was doing TreasureNet much at all.

A very tardy CONGRATS! to you on this truly awesome find!

I wish I had seen this I would have purchased your coin.

Hope you're still out there!

One more thing, there are a lot more of these out there than people think. The guy I bought my Nautilus IIB from found a $1 1853 gold with it.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread