Last find of the year ... ***GOLD***.... time to sell the ACE250 !!

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Have not been around here much as of late because I have not been able to get much hunting in due to the "degeneration" problem with my knees. ( being 300 LBs does not help a whole lot with my leg problems? :D )

( Actually, I lied about not being around here much ..... I have, but only to read about & view all of the AWESOME finds by the rest of you !! I hope to get myself in better shape to get BACK to Metal Detecting ASAP )

My LAST find of the year was also IMO, my BEST find !! It convinced me to give in to my neighbor and sell him my ACE250 that he has been bugging me about for WEEKS !! I will sell the coin off on eBay early next month and combined with the $200.00 I got for the ACE & some Fantasy Baseball winnings for the year, spring for a Whites Detector as soon as I feel my body will cooperate with the use I plan on giving it.

Unearthed this on Sunday afternoon.

I am happier than a kitten following a leaky cow !!? ;D

Hope everyone here has a GREAT Holiday Season !!

Attachments

• 6227.jpg
    6227.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 522
  • 6227a.jpg
    6227a.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 539
Upvote 0

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Man what a awesome find. Congrats on that. Sorry your down and out for now, but hopefully you will be back in find shape to continue with you MDing. Good luck and looking foward to your future post.

Ken

S

savage59

i would not sell it myself. nice RARE find. i mean the most this coin is worth is about $125.00 even on ebay maybe less your taking a chance ::)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful find! ?I'm surprised you would want to sell it as it isn't worth all that much. ?Maybe $180.00 if you find a buyer or is there something more special than I can see? ?I don't think I could sell off my first gold coin find unless it were for an astronomical price, and I haven't found one in 16 years detecting in Germany. ?I bought an 1857 American gold 1 dollar coin two months ago for $36.00 in VG condition, a good way to spend clad. ?If I had $400.00 to spend on a detector, I would buy an Ace 250, the 9X12" coil and a pinpointer. ?And still have enough for a healthy meal, LOL! ?A forum friend of ours can replace that Ace 250 for what you sold it for plus a few goodies like headphones, digger, apron and a 2006 Garrett calendar, free shipping as well. ?I say that because I don't think you can get a better detector than the Ace 250 for less than $400.00 and you have proven the Ace's capability. ?I am in no way associated with Garrett or the guy selling the detectors. ?If your interested PM me and I'll give you the web address. ?I mainly use a White's XLT, have a Fisher CZ7A as a backup/relic detector and an older Garrett MH5. ?HH, Mike ?

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Miss Yankee, that is an great find. Please tell us more about how you found it. What kind of site? How deep? What kind of signal?

Congratulations! She's a beauty!!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding a gold Coin is not an easy task....More are found in the West ,than the Eastern part of the country....Great
Find ...So enjoy the moment!!!! Seeker

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AWESOME!,You gotta keep her.Congrat's and heal up soon,there's more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread