Diamond ring found: updated pics

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Last Sunday I headed down to to the beach to detect while Hurricane Bill was passing up the coast. I met up with Bootybay and Boobird and a few other treasure hunters were also on the beach. there were huge cuts in the sand and I was hunting about 3 feet down, mostly in the wet sand.

I met a guy named Dan who is in my South Jersey club and we chatted a bit. I said to him, " I don't know why I'm hunting here...I have never found anything good here yet." He went on his way...and not 5 minutes later I found this ring.

I assumed it was fake as it had no markings and was so large. In a magnifier I couldn't find any flaws in it either. Well today I took it to the jeweler and he said..."THE DIAMOND IS REAL!!!!!" I started shaking. He said it is a cushion cut...1-1 1/4 carats maybe as high as 1 1/2 carats. He did not test the band...he said "what does it matter? the value is in the stone!" He estimated $4,000 if the smaller size and as much as $10,000 if it is 1 1/2 carats.

Attachments

• bling1.jpg
    bling1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 10,010
  • bling1.jpg
    bling1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 9,440
  • bling2.jpg
    bling2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 8,962
  • bling3.jpg
    bling3.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 8,572
Upvote 8

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Banner find and congratulations. Did you get an age of the ring? Nice rocks for sure I bet they are an eye clear no inclusions. Way to go.

TnMountains

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Oh my gosh!!! That rock is huge!!!!!! The authorities would have been fishing me out of the surf if I had scooped up that thing.

Congratulations on a beautiful ring, and on making the banner!!!!

Jim

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet looking bling :thumbsup:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moonshadow said:
Holy crap Debby! Way to represent us GAL detectorists! Big congrats on your banner.......Good for you girl!! :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: :hello: :icon_thumleft:

HH,
Moon

I totally agree with Moon! I know Bootybay & Boobay are tickled pink for being with you when you found the ring. I love the ring, looks good on your finger too, just be careful that someone doesn't bonk you over the head to steal it off your hand.

Congrats again!!

:wink: RR

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure would love to see the video of your happy dance !!!

OP
OP
cntrydncr1

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Thanks everyone! I'm still on cloud 9. I want to take it to my club meeting this week and then I'll get a written appraisal.

C

Cappy Z.

My aunt Bee lost her family heirloom and it looks exactly like that one you found. And she lost it at the same stretch of beach!

I can't wait to tell her you found it!

You're a great girl!

:wink:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG! :o That ring is CRAZY beautiful!!!! :o I am SOOOO proud for you!! I know you're still reeling over that find for sure!!!

MANY congrats to ya!!!!!!

Nana :wink:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Yes, I would have had a heart seizure and died on the spot. Glad you did not. LOL

Wow, what a wonderful, find of a lifetime, ring. Many congratulations to you. Excellent find.

Ray S :icon_thumright:

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find - a true once in a lifetime!

HH

Lonewolfe

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Debbie that is a super find of a life I am really glad it is on Banner! Please be careful when you take it for anyone to look at DO NOT let them take it out of your sight for even a moment. I told some ont to please not and they dropped the whole try of small stones on the floor and when I had taken them in a couple of years before when they were still in the ring they said they weren't real. They were miner cut from my grandmothers ring.

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woah... Sweet Nellie. (I think that is an old southern term, since I am from the south.)

That is a really remarkable find!!! Bet your radar system (belief system) is going to be working quite differently now that you found that ring with your detector.

Hope you find more.

HH
Rob

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

So bright its blinding me! Great find! A day youll never forget for sure! What did it read on what machine?

Crackbadger

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Holy Smokes!!!! I must put on my sun glasses to look at that rock!!!! :hello2: Well why oh why do women wear their jewlery to the beach. Well there are two reasons I know of. 1. I have had so many women tell me in the past 10 years of beach detecting that No Sir! This ring will never slip off it's tight on my finger or fingers. 2. I have to be seen wearing my bling blings they go everywhere I go! Oh and yes on several occasions, they have actually tapped me on the shoulder or approached me a little while later asking me to recover their lost ring. :D You know the beach people go there put a ton of sun tan lotion / oil on themselves, bake in the sun for 2 or 3 hours, rush out into the water to cool off, fingers shrink a little and while they are frolicking in the surf off slides the ring! Thus their jewelry is officially deposited into the surf bank for recovery at a later date!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread