Diamond ring found: updated pics

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Last Sunday I headed down to to the beach to detect while Hurricane Bill was passing up the coast. I met up with Bootybay and Boobird and a few other treasure hunters were also on the beach. there were huge cuts in the sand and I was hunting about 3 feet down, mostly in the wet sand.

I met a guy named Dan who is in my South Jersey club and we chatted a bit. I said to him, " I don't know why I'm hunting here...I have never found anything good here yet." He went on his way...and not 5 minutes later I found this ring.

I assumed it was fake as it had no markings and was so large. In a magnifier I couldn't find any flaws in it either. Well today I took it to the jeweler and he said..."THE DIAMOND IS REAL!!!!!" I started shaking. He said it is a cushion cut...1-1 1/4 carats maybe as high as 1 1/2 carats. He did not test the band...he said "what does it matter? the value is in the stone!" He estimated $4,000 if the smaller size and as much as $10,000 if it is 1 1/2 carats.

Attachments

• bling1.jpg
    bling1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 10,010
  • bling1.jpg
    bling1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 9,440
  • bling2.jpg
    bling2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 8,962
  • bling3.jpg
    bling3.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 8,572
Upvote 8

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find I saw this pop up and was going to vote ...Again. I did not realize it was an older post!! Nice seeing it though !

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats what a amazing find!:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread