Video of the hunt for 200th Silver Coin for 2009 ,I DID IT

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Video of the hunt for 200th Silver Coin for 2009 ,I DID IT

I was out at a Chicago park with GOIO,T-manfromTexas,and TreasureFiend...For a 7 hour hunt today.....
We ALL found silver....but I was one short of my 2009 goal of 200 silvers for the year........
I had found a rosie and a merc.....(See TreasureFiends newest video when he posts it)...GOIO found #207 & 208 for HIS pile...But I was one short.......I had my HD camera taking footage as well just in case I found #200.....
TreasureFiend had to get some sleep for work so we parted ways....On the way home GOIO asked if I wanted to try my luck at another place we had some luck with last year....I wanted to get that #200 so bad I could just taste it.....We stopped at yet another Chicago park closer to home.....Had hunted for about an hour
when I got a sweet silver signal....I pulled out my Creative Vado HD Camcorder and took a screenshot of my E-Trac the numbers bouncing but sounding sweet......Hope its not a Clad Quarter @5-6"....Or worse yet a memorial....(They were really sounding sweet today...I was digging wheats at 4-5" and digging mems at 6-8" :tongue3:...........
Anyway......I shut the camcorder off while I dug.....Opened the hole,,,and turned the camcorder back on I already had unplugged my headphones,and had my SunRay pinpointer ready........I scanned the plug.......Nothing ...I rescanned (as it was about a 6" deep plug)....again .....Nothing....Feeling some anxiety
I put the probe in the hole.....And it sang ...S-I-L-V-E-R........As I moved the probe it brushed the dirt away,,,,and I seen the :icon_thumright: S-H-I-N-E-Y :icon_thumleft:.... :headbang:....wHEww........what a relief...... my goal of my 200th silver satisfied ..(a 1964d Washington Quarter)..........................I got to my 100th silver,,on May 16,,GOIO was 8 ahead of me then,,It was a 1964 rosie If I recall) I don't know how many hours the first 100 took (But I know I put allot of time in),and did not start logging my hours ...Till I started on my 101st.....I have logged a total of 301 hours to find the next....100 silver.
Now I can relax and go for my other 4 goals....1000 wheats....have 881 now,,,,50 Indians....(To make a Roll)..have 44 now........40 Buffalo Nickles..(To make a Roll)...Have 15 now,,,,and 40 V nickles (To make a Roll)....Have ---25--- NOW.....Wish me Luck on them.
I will try to get my video uploaded to YouTube,,,,,(With the help of TreasureFiend)
Happy Hunting ALL

Finds200thsilverPlus.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Silver Totals for the Picture Below.......a 1921 Morgan $, a 1942 Walking Half,,,20 Washingtons,6 S.L.Q.'s,
7 Barber Q's,17 barber dimes,88 mercs,and 60 rosies

My200silver8_28_09.jpg
:hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Upvote 0

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 200th Silver Coin for 2009 Found Today....Plus a Picture of the rest

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go get 200 more......

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great finds. Now go for another 200. HH......

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice pics...................you should have no problem reaching your goal............ :thumbsup:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice haul of silver there congrats.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer

Nice job guys. That is a haul for sure. WTG...Go get more and send some of that coinage east a bit would ya? :laughing9: jgas

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome job buddy, man I sure wish I would of been there to film it!!!! Oh well, I will just have to film your 300th... :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is a great silver total for 2009 :headbang:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

thats awesome! Congratulations on your 200th silver! You must have spent a lot of time just trying to find all of those! :) Must have taken lots of research as well! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
AmericanCoinHunting

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Video added of My 200th Silver Coin for 2009 Found Today....

Here it is if you missed it...Just uploaded to You Tube
Enjoy & H.H.
:hello2: :laughing9: :laughing7: :hello2:

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Re: Video of the hunt for 200th Silver Coin for 2009 ,I DID IT

McNICKLE said:
Now I can relax and go for my other 4 goals....1000 wheats....have 881 now,,,,50 Indians....(To make a Roll)..have 44 now........40 Buffalo Nickles..(To make a Roll)...Have 15 now,,,,and 40 V nickles (To make a Roll)....Have ---25---

Congrats on making 200! :hello2: Are you guys all using Minelab machines? E-Tracs?

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

People in Chicago back in the day must have just threw coins up in the air for fun. You guys are tearing silver and old coins up. It is either 2 things, your Minelab detectors or ya'lls parks are just full of old Silver coins. I haven't found a silver coin in my park since the middle of the summer. Although I have found the Civil war relics. So I guess we are both lucky. Good video. Keep diggin.

Big A

Mar 28, 2009
Southport, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300

Congrats on #200. Hope to see the video for 300+ by year end.
Alan

OP
OP
AmericanCoinHunting

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nick A (at1cad) said:
McNICKLE said:
Now I can relax and go for my other 4 goals....1000 wheats....have 881 now,,,,50 Indians....(To make a Roll)..have 44 now........40 Buffalo Nickles..(To make a Roll)...Have 15 now,,,,and 40 V nickles (To make a Roll)....Have ---25---

Congrats on making 200! :hello2: Are you guys all using Minelab machines? E-Tracs?
We are not all using E-Trac's....(Accept for me ,T-Man,and GOIO,Etrac007,Lookingforseated,Kimsdad and a few others) but allot of us are using Minelabs,,,and some Whites , and a few Garrett's around here.......I know of one guy that does real well at sidewalk tear-outs with his Bounty Hunter as well... H.H.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on #200 Dave. That coil on the E-trac looks a little familiar to me ::) I'm thinkin' it might be a pretty good coil :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread