my best day on the beach

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Went to the beach today and after weeks of getting skunked,it payed off.I found this silver ring at the first beach we went to.It's stamped .925 and a number 8, I guess thats the size.I tried to get a pic of the stamp,but it's too dirty.If anyone knows how to clean silver please let me know.Anyway we went to a second beach and didn't find too much,but after we put the detectors in the truck my buddy found a couple shards of Indian pottery where we were parked then I found this killer slate plummet sitting right on top.I had given up on Indian artifacts down here,but now all sorts of new doors just opened. GL and HH!! NATE

Attachments

• 100_0868.JPG
    100_0868.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 604
  • 100_0871.JPG
    100_0871.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 607
Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Interesting ring. You still searching Treasure Beaches? How deep was it?
I think you should use electrolysis.

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA
Nice finds, that slate plummet has to be a rare find.
First time I ever laid my eyeballs on one.
Thanks for the pics. 8)
SS

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Big cypress,I am still hunting treasure beaches.The only hope I had today was a piece of ancient ceramic that has the seaglass wear,but still has blue color on it.From what I've been reading Chinese ceramic was on board the ships and to follow those.
Stick shift,I've been hunting Indian artifact fow quite a few years now and the closest I came to one of these was an upper portion that was broke off.I found that in the Crystal river.NATE

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
The slate was a trade material from the north.Probably given to the Ais Indians here.It was used as a net weight or fishing line weight.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice find's,i wonder if that's where they got the name plumb bob?look's like one

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW rm! :o

Awesome finds today!!

;)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ....What beach are you hunting ? Is it in the sun or in the Snow and frozen.....From us Landscapers here in the north...lol.....Merry Christmas *******SEEKER

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Hey Seeker,I'm on the east coast of FL tryin to keep it green!!Stay warm there and enjoy the slow season.Happy Holidays,Happy hunting,and Good luck!!!NATE

Dirtfishin

Dec 3, 2005
Southern Tier NY (temp)
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace100 (my first one)
White's Surf Pro PI
Nokta Legend
Good Deal! I now know what a plummet is!

My Sister and Brother-in-Law spend time in S. Carolina in a place called Edisto Beach? not sure on the spelling...
Anyway, after they dredged there, they found hatchets and arrow heads and all sorts of pottery fragments along with fossils...(they were hunting the dredge piles) He told me that it was frequent practice for families to "toss" any broken dishwares into the river (behind the old plantations) and it would eventually wash down to the delta...

Hopefully one day I can met them up there when they make their yearly visit and have a look see....

Love that kind of stuff!

Kat

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Kat,There's alot of artifacts that I know for sure just north of you.Try the Crystal River.I've found stuff everytime I went there.It was alot shorter trip when I lived in Gainesville,so I don't go there much anymore.From about Ocala north you can find plenty of sites with arrowheads too.HH,GL NATE

S

sendagain

The ring looks like a 32nd degree masonic band........good find

Dirtfishin

Dec 3, 2005
Southern Tier NY (temp)
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace100 (my first one)
White's Surf Pro PI
Nokta Legend
rmlawncare said:
Kat,There's alot of artifacts that I know for sure just north of you.Try the Crystal River.I've found stuff everytime I went there.It was alot shorter trip when I lived in Gainesville,so I don't go there much anymore.From about Ocala north you can find plenty of sites with arrowheads too.HH,GL NATE

Thank you, I will look into it! ;D
Kat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread