dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been a while since I've posted. My old coal-burning computer has been sickly, and my finds have been about the same. Had a good little run this weekend, though, so I borrowed the lady friend's laptop, and here I am.

Friday I hit a freshly mowed field that has a house site from the mid-1800's that I discovered back in the spring. I was exploring other areas of the field, though, and only got three digable signals in about two hours. The last one of the day sounded like a beer can, so imagine my surprise when a barber half leapt out of the hole, slapped me on the face, and took off running across the field. I had my wits about me, and gave a rousing chase that ended with a diving catch and good bludgeoning just before the wily rascal could dart down a rabbit hole.

Saturday I attended a lovely wedding and had a great time, and Sunday found me "unsociable."
There was only one thing to be done. I started out at an older house that has been stingy with it's treasures in the past, but has given up some nice older indians and a flying eagle cent.
I waded right into the thick of the iron with the SE, slapping mosquitos and swatting flies as I went, and was quickly rewarded with a penny-sized token that turned out to be an 1863 Willard and Jackson's NY Oyster House Civil War Token. Hey, now! After an hour of cleaning out the surface clad in another area, I got a demi-deep non-ferrous reading that sounded just bad enough to dig. Six inches down, I pulled a crusty Indian from the side of the hole, and was excited to see the numbers 187........6. Close, very close. I do love the 1870's Indians.
Later I hit another field which I suspect had a house site, but I haven't been able to pin down an indicative iron bed there yet. I got a Hard Times Token from this field last year, and today after not much searching, and turning over a few old boards to look for snakes (I found some, too), I got a very strong copper reading. I carefully dug a plug, and divided chunks of clay until i had something a little bigger than a golf ball. The X-1 was screaming at every pass, so I was pretty sure I had another copper. I gingerly cracked the clay ball in half, and saw a Hard Times Token in one half, and a near-perfect impression of the token in the other half. Heh! I carried both sides back, and managed to get a decent scan of one of the impressions. I hope Santa brings me a micro camera lense this xmas...
The other coppers are from the last month. A nice 1819 matron head, an 1830's matron head, and an 1809 half cent, my second 1809 of the year. I think there's also a GII haypenny kicking around here somewhere, but I could find it for the scan.
Hope all's well, and HH, dwayne

Attachments

• img037.jpg
    img037.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 584
  • img038.jpg
    img038.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 742
  • img040.jpg
    img040.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 557
Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!That one token features the "PHOENIX',bird rising from the ashes,too cool!!!!

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds there congrats.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: awsome finds

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Some incredible finds there. :headbang: The only half cent I ever found was an 1809 also.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!!!!! :icon_pirat:

hogge

Silver Member