4th Ring and First Musket Ball ....I think??

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a very nice weekend in New England and had some time to do some hunting. My first stop was at my cousins 1890 house. I had high hopes for silver but turns out the family had no children so the yard had nothing but modern clad. I had some time the next morning and went to the park down the street. It is 120 years old and immediately hit a 1919 Wheatie. I then found a 1946 and 1952. I then dug what appears to be a musket ball but cut in half. You can see the mold marks but it looks like it could have been made into a checkers or game piece. Not sure. Any thoughts on what or why? Please see the pictures. I added a penny for scale. My hour was up so I walked back and was searching the sidewalk grass when I got a .01/.10 signal on my MXT. I dug up a very nice art deco Sterling Marcasite ring marked STERL-THEDA. Theda is a Providence RI jewerly company that started in 1921. I guess the piece to be 1930-40s and will need a little straightening. It is my fourth ring this year and second one in the last two weeks.

Attachments

• Metal Detecting Finds 002.jpg
    Metal Detecting Finds 002.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 302
  • Metal Detecting Finds 003.jpg
    Metal Detecting Finds 003.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 315
  • Metal Detecting Finds 004.jpg
    Metal Detecting Finds 004.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 0

goldencoin