colonial buttons at old railroad camp

L

lancemxt2006

hey everyone,
got out on Saturday with Jer to an old railroad camp that we came across together going through some old woods a wile back. Jer spotted an old chimney in the woods and that was our first destination but since the railroad camp was on the way we stopped to detect for about an hour. didn't get too much but the snow on the ground was frozen on top and you cant swing your coil through it only on top of it so it takes away a few inches but the ground was super soft...

i walked into a section and got a solid plus 16 comming in real nice so i decided to dig it, thinking it was a nickel but it turned out to be a very nice nickel size colonial button about 3 inches deep. then less than 5 min. later i dug a nice Savings Check token from 1918. shortly after that i dug this huge colonial button about the size of a half dollar. at first i thought it was a large cent until i seen the shank.

after that we moved on to the site that Jer spotted from the road a little wile back to explore. there were two chimneys there that looked like they were from a couple log cabins but thats all that was left was the chimneys and there was one old frame house all broken down with a slate rock foundation and a cinder block addition added to it. i didn't have any luck there, didn't find anything but the snow needs to melt so that i can get my coil on the soil.

hope you all enjoy. Have a safe and happy holiday everyone, HH lance

Attachments

• colonial buttons.jpg
    colonial buttons.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 355
  • colonial buttons reverse.jpg
    colonial buttons reverse.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 406
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Lance and great sites to hunt! Good you are still getting out, hope to do a snow hunt soon, similar conditions here in Germany as well. HH, Mike

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Lance!

Thanks for posting!

;)

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks everyone... yea one of the few winter hunts this year. I'm sure that ill get out again this winter and try to locate some finds. gotta keep the forum alive...

HH and happy holidays, Lance

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks Ken have a nice holiday and hh hunting if you get a chance to get out over the winter.

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks everyone,
its some kind of buckle or clip with teeth on the reverse that grabed onto something..

thanks for the replys and have a good holiday... lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread