Connecticut Copper+3 holed copper

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
CKK got out to a new site today . The landowners were about as interested in the history of their land than I saw ever before. They remember an old house that was torn down from above their existing home and the wife called me back after I initially got ahold of them to seek permission. She said they would love for us to tell them anything that could be found concerning their land. Kyle worked his magic and found out that a Revolutionary war vet built his house there. 1775. We handed them all the research and we shot the bull for quite a while and they said "YOU guys are welcome to detect any part of our land that you want to." Off we go. Wasn't 10 minutes of swinging and I got a 66 vdi on the Vision which turned out to be the holed copper. I've found them before and it seems that there isn't a true consensus as to why they were holed like that. Maybe a childs wizzer toy,maybe a homemade button. Possible dress weight which I just now thought of. An hour later I found the 1865 perfect shape 2 center. Only my second one. At the bottom of a hill above the old houses iron patch I got to thinking that maybe in the colonial era some children might have been sled riding so I left the iron patch and at the bottom of the hill I got a great 77 vdi with the Low frequency green line predominant which indicates to me copper or silver. It was the Connecticut post colonial bust facing left copper. A nice crotal bell and a flat button as big as a penny and fat as a fat boy injun rounded out the relics today. Can't wait to return next week. Thanks everyone
Chris

PIC00005-3.jpg

PIC00006-8.jpg

Upvote 0

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After all these posts of 2 centers. I think we can all swim in a pool of coins. Nice draped bust CT. Button coin? neat.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great CONN and other finds! That 2 cent is one killer coin though. Now that you have such a beautiful one in your collection, you don't have to worry about finding one again. :) Top notch.

-Buck

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the oldies :headbang:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any CT is a good find! :thumbsup:

The three holes is odd, first I've seen.

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome day you had! I am due for a copper. These days make me really appreciate the ones when I do strike those greenies. This week sounds like it should be decent for weather. I have a feeling I am going to hit it. :hello2:

Kirk

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Kirk PA said:
Awesome day you had! I am due for a copper. These days make me really appreciate the ones when I do strike those greenies. This week sounds like it should be decent for weather. I have a feeling I am going to hit it. :hello2:

Kirk
Ya and for sure Kirk.
Uncle Chris

Gary66

Jul 30, 2009
Belle Vernon PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido and Conquistador. Whites TR-Disc, Eagle 2 SL 90, Eagle Spectrum, XLT and M6. Garrett GTAx 1000pm, Garrett Pro Pointer. Compass XP-Pro. Fisher CZ-6A. Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Sharpshooter.
That's a nice 2 cent...wow

Grats

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap Chris...sorry but i can't even comment on the colonials because my jaw just dropped from the condition of that 2 center. that is incredible :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread