Connecticut Copper+3 holed copper

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
CKK got out to a new site today . The landowners were about as interested in the history of their land than I saw ever before. They remember an old house that was torn down from above their existing home and the wife called me back after I initially got ahold of them to seek permission. She said they would love for us to tell them anything that could be found concerning their land. Kyle worked his magic and found out that a Revolutionary war vet built his house there. 1775. We handed them all the research and we shot the bull for quite a while and they said "YOU guys are welcome to detect any part of our land that you want to." Off we go. Wasn't 10 minutes of swinging and I got a 66 vdi on the Vision which turned out to be the holed copper. I've found them before and it seems that there isn't a true consensus as to why they were holed like that. Maybe a childs wizzer toy,maybe a homemade button. Possible dress weight which I just now thought of. An hour later I found the 1865 perfect shape 2 center. Only my second one. At the bottom of a hill above the old houses iron patch I got to thinking that maybe in the colonial era some children might have been sled riding so I left the iron patch and at the bottom of the hill I got a great 77 vdi with the Low frequency green line predominant which indicates to me copper or silver. It was the Connecticut post colonial bust facing left copper. A nice crotal bell and a flat button as big as a penny and fat as a fat boy injun rounded out the relics today. Can't wait to return next week. Thanks everyone
Chris

PIC00005-3.jpg

PIC00006-8.jpg

Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look's like this is the week for 2 cent pieces :laughing9: I just saw another post that also has a 2 cent piece in great condition. All I can say is that is one sweet coin :icon_thumleft:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 holes, now thats a puzzeller :icon_scratch:

:icon_thumright:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice 2 center Chris, amazing how so many of them are found in very good looking shape, glad your coin is so outstanding. Now about that 3 holed copper, LOL, first 3 holer I have seen posted. :hello2: Conn not showing enough detail in photo to get a variety, at least not easily, but may look later! Congrats on another super day!

Don

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins Chris. I like the CT. Copper. You were in CT. and I was in VT ;D 2 center is sweet as well.

Brian

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Sweet coppers today, Unc. :headbang: The Connecticut is right in our Colonial zone! :headbang:

Let's find some more next Sunday! :headbang:

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Congrats on the copper as usual. You are the true COPPER GOD :notworthy:
I too found a 2-Center today. The quality of yours is.... WOW !!

VPR

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the name of it escapes my mind right this second its a kids toy that you put string threw an make the coin buzz, wonder if yours is just a way older version , very sweet finds tho ,wtg :icon_thumleft:

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a bunch of great coins, love the connecticut and thats a neat holed LC!! You got to love landowners like that, thats how the guy is at my new site. Cant wait to see whats next. HH!! :thumbsup:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 Incredible finds! I don't think I've ever seen a dug copper coin look as nice as that 2 center! :icon_thumright:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt there congrats awesome looking 2 center.

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
That 2 center just came from the mint, yes? :notworthy: VERY NICE!!! The only three holer I ever knew of was a lot bigger and smelled REAL bad! :laughing9: Enough of the sophmoric humor...you done real good!!

BW

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris,
Way to go on the great finds from the new site. It's a big relief when the owners are as excited as you are to see what can be found. Makes for a great time for both parties.
It's already been said, but that 2 center is FANTASTIC!!!! :icon_thumleft:
Congrats again to the three amigos. :occasion14:
-Doug-

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
Those two cent pieces come out looking pretty good as Iv'e said in the past, but that one is exceptional.

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
To everyone who likes the 2 center..I was amazed when I pulled it out of the ground. I wonder why so many of them are in such condition. My wife and her sister both commented that they like it the best.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris that 2 center is incredible! I love the CT. too. It appears as though the Ct. may have enough detail left to get a date and Var. "Plop...Plop....Fizzz.....Fizzzz" ( That's only if it were mine) ;D. Congrats on those stellar finds!!! The Hoggester.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread