Endless possibilities on this street. (street tear out.:)

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I been waiting for this for a long time. My own street that is being tore up and replace all new from Huron St. to Summit St. Thats over 3 block and wideing it 4 ft to the West and they have to move all the utilities from the ground and move those to and replace the sewer. From the history on 3rd st. it was dirt, gravel, pavers, and asphalt which is now gone back to dirt again. Also it was the main road to the cemetery up the hill. So Im hoping that someone lost some change along the way up the hill or down going to the Billiards thats at the end of the block on main. Ill keep you posted on anything I find. Also give me your imput on it and here are the pics of the street and some old houses on that. Later.

Attachments

• 3rd St. Mo Valley.jpg
    3rd St. Mo Valley.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,891
  • 3rd St. Mo Valley South.jpg
    3rd St. Mo Valley South.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 1,879
  • old houses.jpg
    old houses.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 1,883
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IAsoldier said:
Well I tried my luck this evening so far not to bad. Did manage to score a old Chinese cash coin for the early 1800's a date be helpful. Plus loads of clad to boot now just waiting to find that silver. Now about sharing the road I dont care so come on up and help yourself to it. I have a buddy that mds and lives down the road about 200 ft from the construction site and he's retired so he got lots of time on his hands. So Ive no problem if you drive 12 hrs or flew out to do some detecting out here just email me and we can hunt together. Later and HH :headbang: todays totals
1 cash coin
3 quarters
5 dimes
14 pennys and no oldies yet.

thats OK then, If your not bothered then thats good of you. All I know is if it were a good site in the UK & I did the same, I would have people at night leaving open holes. Then I would have to fill them in because people might think it was me.
I hope you get that silver :icon_thumright:

Venia

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2008
I'd have a dang field day! Woohoo Vacation time. LOL

My husband use to tell me stories of the day when he worked for the city water department. They would always be fixing broken water lines in the major roads (and have to tear out a big part of the road). So many times they came across little pouches of old coins and lots of goodies.

Happy hunting!!!

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That be the coin I have. Thanks for info. :headbang:

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they tore out the curbs hammer that 1st!

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Even though they might have it scheduled for the next 6 months, it won't be good hunting for very long. My guess is that having removed the paving material, they will scrape it down a few inches (there goes a few coins) and top it off with a fresh layer of gravel to serve as a roadway during the process (makes for hard digging)

I'd hit it hard now, and again after they scrape it down.

Best of luck

Diggem'

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is a scenario that we all dream of ....keep us posted.

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me Im mding it to death as much as I can. For my buddy that lives on that street as I do. I cannt tell ya if he got out or not. Well Im heading out to do a house next to the street. later.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have wished it was the sidewalks they were ripping up and I believe of good will have been greater. That area you pictured will surely keep you busy for some time to come. Make sure you grid out the areas carefully for this once in a lifetime opportunity. I look forward to your finds and thanks for the pics. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well again I hit it hard and found some oldies and clad. Im surprised whats out there lieing around. Hit a old 1890's house about 4 houses down from the construction site. Now that paid off few clad and 1 oldie a 1911 Barber dime and some relics. For 3rd street thats a hot spot found a 1910 penny and a 1880 IH and lots of clad again. For my old buddy Mike a 1941 penny and cald to. So I say its paying off every day. Total finds for today.
1-1911 Barber dime
1-1910 Wheatie
1-1880 IH
1- Nickel
14-pennys
2 dimes
on the relics a 45 round with hole on side and a boy scout neck piece.

Attachments

• collection.jpg
    collection.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 886
  • oldies.jpg
    oldies.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 888
  • oldies1.jpg
    oldies1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 883

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dig the "trashy" signals also!I've found lots of masked targets digging choppy stuff :thumbsup:

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
Soldier - now you are kicking ash......put on the 15 inch coil go all metal and kick some more ash.....

Is this the greatest hobby in the world or what!

:headbang:

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, I am also a veteran of Desert Shield/Storm, Oman and Saudi, 90-91. Good luck on your hunting!

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Go get 'em, and thanks for the running total...

Went to school up the road in Adel. Would love to detect them brick streets around the court house if they were to ever give 'em up.

BW

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
I just hunted a street tear out like that for a week. My buddy and I found several old coins. Oddly enough, many were in the middle of the street. They can be ANYWHERE in that tear out. The areas by torn out clods of grass seemed to produce good too. Get it while its wet, we almost needed a jackhammer for some that we found. Gave up on a couple too.

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
P.S. If I lived anywhere in NC I would be all over that street. I'd almost even recommend deleting this post and posting again later. Good luck! That is a killer spot.

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
Shortstack said:
Being an old fart, I can remember walking along dirt streets so here's a tip for you. Back in the day, most people walked along the sides of the roads and not the center; unless there was a recent heavy rain that left standing water on the sides. Then, we'd walk the center until traffic came along. Soooooo, concentrate on the sides of the road. Swing your detector with street's edge as one end of your swing and the centerline on the other end; and don't get in a hurry. Occasionally, the city would scrape the street with a road grader that would push the dirt to the sides (hint) and slowly drive a dump truck down the center with the bed tilted up to allow a thin layer of fresh dirt to fall to the street.
Great gobs of good luck and happy hunting. :thumbsup:
That is an awesome hint and good advise as I have hunted similar sites and found most of the good stuff in the parking or on the sides of the road, hardly ever in the middle.

M

michigan michael

Oh Man I had a sidewalk like that! You are going to love that Street! WTG on the awesome coins already. Pack a lunch and stay as long as you can!
~ MM

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man this street is giving up some goodies. Please check out on my post and deano's and his friend Jim scored which is cool. Im telling ya its fun. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread