2 Mercs, 1 Washington, 10 Wheats (one 1917) and ANOTHER BARBER!!!

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
This was one for the books guys/gals. I put the detector down for about a year, rebuilt a house, and now I am back and on FIRE! Before this hunt, I had only found four silvers (not including 2 war nickles and two silver rings). And only one with my Bounty Hunter...then I got the MXT, found a stellar Barber, and a few rosies within the first 5 hours with it....well, since picking it back up last week I have found 5 more silver....four of which were today alone! One 1960 Washington, 2 mercs 1923, and 1919, and ANOTHER BARBER!!!1909, 100 years old. Not my oldest coin, or my best Barber, but still LOVE finding those Barbers!
OK, found this old park up the street, and got permission from City Hall to MD it. Went for about 30 minutes and got my first Merc...the 1923. Then waisted another 2 1/2 hours digging nothing more than a zinc (area is PACKED with pulltabs)...went back to the Merc area and dug another Merc, a Wash and a Barber....plus 10 wheats...all 1920's/30's except two 44's and one 1917. One of my best days...and going again all day tomorrow (except the morning dove hunt). Had to fight for every one of these too. Between the rocks, and the pulltabs in the hole, and my digging tool breaking...I thought I was gonna freak out...but it was worth it in the end. Even when I had to leave to buy a hand trowel in the middle of the hunt from the local hardware store. Oh, also found this token./..one of my favorites so far...says SALES TAX RECEIPT MISSOURI and has a pic of Missouri with a 1 in the middle...Thanks for lookin'!
All coins in a 20'X30' area, 3"-7" deep.

~Tom

Attachments

• perry day one.jpg
    perry day one.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 576
  • tax token perry.jpg
    tax token perry.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 578
Upvote 0

TimTrac

Jul 30, 2009
Spanaway Wa
Detector(s) used
Etrac and VX3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds.... And you got a receipt from the IRS too....

OP
OP
ashleysflyr

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
The mercs were found in line, about 10' from eachother, where something had tilled, or dug for wiring or something. The one with the line was bent in half at about 90 degrees, but I used a hammer and a thick leather glove to hammer it out...Thanks for the comments all, went back for another hour or two and got a few more wheaties....but that's it. Can't wait to post some more!!!

~Tom

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE BARBER :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions