Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went on a morning hunt with Jeff in Va, really didnt find all of that much, but he managed to pull what i think is a confederate officers coat button it has yet to be cleaned & Im not sure of the backmark but the button is in good shape. Also Ive included pics of an iron slave wedding band that cleaned in electrolysis, that is one neat peice as you can see the hammer marks were it was forged around a piece of rod-

Attachments

• P1050576.jpg
    P1050576.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 816
  • P1050575.jpg
    P1050575.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 810
  • P1050574.jpg
    P1050574.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 822
  • P1050573.jpg
    P1050573.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 811
  • P1050572.jpg
    P1050572.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 822
Upvote 0

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Id this Button for me please

Don't know anything about the button but it appears to be CW or maybe before. Nice looking button with shank intact :thumbsup:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
I'm no button expert but it looks to me to be before CW from the way the eagle is made... also you'll want to clean the button a lil for the experts to Id.. I don't know how to clean one but don't use water of it's a 2 piece...there is cleaning methods on the Tnet home page under preservation an cleaning

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Johnny, see if the backmark may contain the name 'Rouyner". It might make it easier to identify, as there are a few very similar. .

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, sure looks like a CS-010 Confederate Staff Officer button! :hello2: (Reference unknown)

Don

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
johnnyi said:
Johnny, see if the backmark may contain the name 'Rouyner". It might make it easier to identify, as there are a few very similar. .
Not mine...lol..its James button. 8)

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
James, if it does not have a backmark it probably Tice CS257A1 (Albert CS 22)which of the several examples, has the more pronounced snake head to the eagle. The one that is very close to the same style is backmarked "C. Rouyer N.O." Tice CS254A1 (Albert CS 21).

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEAUTIFUL CONFEDERATE STAFF BUTTON WAY TO GO!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :o

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one heck of a great little piece of history. If it is a staff officers button, I wonder which general he was riding under :dontknow:

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
BEAUTIFUL CONFEDERATE STAFF BUTTON WAY TO GO!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :o

Not specifically listed as staff, as these listings are for both "Army officers and staff". I guess there's no way of telling on this button, as Tice makes no distinction on these particular ones between the two. No matter, it is such a cool find no matter which!

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice button James. I've never seen A Conf. Staff Officers Button. CONGRATS! Hogge :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnyi said:
{Sentinel} said:

Not specifically listed as staff, as these listings are for both "Army officers and staff". I guess there's no way of telling on this button, as Tice makes no distinction on these particular ones between the two. No matter, it is such a cool find no matter which!

I CAN GUARANTEE YOU its a CS Officers Button :wink: :icon_thumleft: These were reserved for the officers, both staff and field....... if you go to a strictly Civil War relic forum...you'll see that 99 percent of us call them CS Staff Buttons

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread