A few Keepers

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Went out for a few hours to check out a place that may have been hit before and may have been sodded in the recent past. Figured I would try to snipe a few keepers. I did okay with a larger token piece that has something to do with the Spanish American War and the sinking of the Maine in Havana. Scared me cause I thought it was a Morgan in the hole. :laughing9: After grabbing up a few wheats Don and I decided to go look around some other properties in the area.

Came across a very small bungalow style home with a very small yard. Saw the older gent sitting in and easy chair and I said what the heck. So introduced myself and told him of our hobby and he said go ahead and check it out. You ever get the feeling that you should go straight to the spot where you might be successful before the old guy figures out he might be able to find some stuff himself?? Well, it happened here. Went right to the small front yard area and for a minute there was nothing. Then Blam, a pocket spill. Nabbed up a couple wheats, a couple war nickles, a Buffalo and a Merc just a few feet away. nabbed another Merc to finish out the small space we had. Man those kids must have sat there and tossed those around....Thanks kids :icon_thumleft: We finished up with the hour we had and asked the old timer if we could come back the next day......you guessed it, he denied us and said that the rest of the yard was full of iron parts and there would be nothing to find there...yea right, he is going to get the radio shack detecter and grab up the rest of the stuff we left behind. But oh well, that's okay with me. At least he let us get a few keepers...Nice Old Guy anyhow :D Hope you all have a great time out on your next adventure.......be safe out there.....jgas

Attachments

• Dragoon #1.JPG
    Dragoon #1.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 492
  • Dragoon #2.JPG
    Dragoon #2.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 488
  • Dragoon #3.JPG
    Dragoon #3.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 485
  • Dragoon #4.JPG
    Dragoon #4.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 495
  • Dragoon #5.JPG
    Dragoon #5.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 497
  • Dragoon #6.JPG
    Dragoon #6.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 493
  • dRAGOON #9.JPG
    dRAGOON #9.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 493
  • Dragoon #10.JPG
    Dragoon #10.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 483
  • Dragoon #12.JPG
    Dragoon #12.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 483
  • Dragoon#7.JPG
    Dragoon#7.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 488
  • Dragoon#8.JPG
    Dragoon#8.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 492
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice load of loot ;D MR TUFF

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds congrats on the silver.

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
Yep, Harpers Ferry pistols..."Of The Troops, For The Troops!" Military Police.

~Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions