kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all.Well I got me a goodun today !!! I headed out this morning early.First I whent to the old school to see if I could get a silver fix......nope.But I did find 4 wheats and a buffalo nickle.I then headed to another site.I've Had a couple of guys searching this site WITHOUT permission lately.I arrived and saw that the claimjumpers were there. Well as usual I was polite and chatted for abit with the one fella.....nice enough guy.I then wandered over toward claimjumper #2 As I got close I heard his machine give off a good tone so I wandered over to cheak it out.He dug a very nice draped bust LC.I congratulated him and wandered off.After awile they left and I wandered all over the place with nothing to show but some clad a flat button and some pulltabs.My back was aching pretty good so I sat in the only shade around witch just so happened to be close to were claimjumper #2 had found his LC.I got up and started searching around that area when I got a wealk signal.I sat down to start digging and noticed there was allready a plug cut. I could tell it was one of mine as I cut a C plug and the claimjumpers just tear into it. So I'm thinking what the heak did I miss something.I rescaned and found that the strogest signal was about 10 inch's further along.I cut a new plug ....dug down about 11 inches and found a 1787 Fugio cent. My buddy Dano found a Fugio a couple of years ago and another earlier this summer......one more and we'r tied buddy !!!!! Time flies when your having fun !!!! :wink:

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,201
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,201
Upvote 0
OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to add....If anyone can help with a variety it would be greatly appreciated !

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's hard to tell from the pics as furthur cleaning is needed. HOWEVER, do not clean it until an expert tells you what to do. I am no expert. By looking at the coin on the links I added there are quite a few varieties. It may take a while to ID it

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all.I was kinda hoping Don would chime in on this one. :help: :wink: :thumbsup: I've been looking at all the varietys and narrowed it down some....kinda. ??? ;D

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
You don't see Fugio cents dug too often. Very nice, Rip!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooohh, great find on a September weekend! :hello2: I know seeing one of those in the ground would put a big smile on my face, so far Fugio has avoided me. :-\ Don't know about which variety it is, not sure enough important details show on the photos posted but I will look now and see if I can tell, but doubtful. Congrats on a nice copper.....

Don

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME FUGIO!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: THE HOGGE

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at the charts, IF you have a _ between the words MIND _ YOUR then I would think it is for sure a Newman 1-B variety. STATES is on the right side which matches and the positions of the letters WE ARE ONE seem to match with their funky alignment. On the other side, I mentioned the looking for the _ between MIND_YOUR , well I first looked at how the letter S in BUSINESS (1st S) lined up with the letter D in MIND, I saw not other varieties that had the S further to the right under D, so with all that I see, with what is available to judge on I will say it is the Newman 1-B variety. I am by far not an expert on Fugio's at all, just looking for the differences that I know to look for. Wish I had a good chart to look at, but had to use Coin Facts photos.....

http://www.coinfacts.com/colonial_coins/fugio_cents/fugio_cent_n001_B.htm

With maybe a wet cotton swab work the dirt where it might show the details better that I mention, hope I am right, hard to say for sure. Looking at person is always better for coins from the ground........

Again, congrats on a nice copper.

Don

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies y'all. :thumbsup:

Don in SJ said:
Looking at the charts, IF you have a _ between the words MIND _ YOUR then I would think it is for sure a Newman 1-B variety. STATES is on the right side which matches and the positions of the letters WE ARE ONE seem to match with their funky alignment. On the other side, I mentioned the looking for the _ between MIND_YOUR , well I first looked at how the letter S in BUSINESS (1st S) lined up with the letter D in MIND, I saw not other varieties that had the S further to the right under D, so with all that I see, with what is available to judge on I will say it is the Newman 1-B variety. I am by far not an expert on Fugio's at all, just looking for the differences that I know to look for. Wish I had a good chart to look at, but had to use Coin Facts photos.....

http://www.coinfacts.com/colonial_coins/fugio_cents/fugio_cent_n001_B.htm

Ivan, with maybe a wet cotton swab work the dirt where it might show the details better that I mention, hope I am right, hard to say for sure. Looking at person is always better for coins from the ground........

Again, congrats on a nice copper.

Don
Thanks Don I hope you can find yours one day.I'd be willing to bet that you do.I appretiate all your help and if your ever in upstse NY mabey I can point ya in the right direction for onea them Fugios. :thumbsup: I'll see if I can take a closer look and possibly post some better photo's tomorrow.....Thanks agin y'all !

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome old coin there for sure congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread