Few coppers, some buttons, a thimble... and oh yeah... Colonial Silver :)
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Few coppers, some buttons, a thimble... and oh yeah... Colonial Silver :)

WAY too tried to say much right now but the day didn't go as planned, but because of that it triggerd some old research I had done and sent me back to a certain area to try again. The field ended up having nothing, well almost nothing, just this 1750s era French Silver 12 Sol. I'm cool with the coin but I think the early to mid. 1700s settlement is in the next field over Everything points at it being there and we'll be counting the days until the crop is off.

The coppers still have to be cleaned. They are an 1812 token, 1820 Trade & Navigation token, Indian Head Penny, and French 6 Deniers (1710-1712) Also a Taylor Brothers sawnut and other odds and ends.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hr2.jpg 
Views:	739 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	330561   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hr2a.jpg 
Views:	736 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	330562  

us
    Oct 2007
    Quincy, CA
    Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
    13 times

Re: Few coppers, some buttons, a thimble... and oh yeah... Colonial Silver :)

Nice finds! I wouldn't mind finding a french silver coin myself.

Ray

Dec 2007
    Bedford Pa
    E-Trac, GPX 5000
    7 times

Way to Go Mr. Patch Maybe the Day didn't go as planned but WOW > Get selection of Relics and Coins. Congrats on the old Silver !!
    www.fortbedfordmetaldetectors.com

gb
    May 2008
    uk
    tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
    52 times
    Banner Finds (4)

If it's tiring you out, perhaps you need a lighter machine

Looking forward to seeing what's in the next field
    Who needs Cartwheel Pennies anyway?

Jan 2007
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Whites Vision Spectra
    20 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Holy crap I.P. Can't get much better than a 12 SOL. I'll bet you are salivating to get in the crop field. It wont be long now. I would imagine the harvest up north in Canada will be done shortly. A great find indeed.
    Chris

Great Finds I.P.! Like the Silva.
    1783 CFT. KG III 1/2 Penny (25-83A)-1 of 3 known *Sold $3,750, Vermont Landscape Coppers Ryder 6 *Sold $760, Ryder7 (Avatar)** Sold $1,275*,1st Batt Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Sling Belt Tip* SOLD $1,583*,(3)- GW Inaugural Buttons-2-Cobb# 17-J.* Sold both--$405 and $400. *GW Button Cobb 17-I-*Sold $316- New Jersey Copper M14-J Sold $125- Continental Army Button *Sold $800--** British 31st ROF Cartridge Box Plate** SOLD!! (PRIVATE AMOUNT), Vermont Ryder-3 *$1200...To be continued

us
    May 2009
    ny
    minelab xterra 50/minelab safari
    2 times
    Banner Finds (1)

oh ,just 1730s french silver?thought it would be somethin good...lol. great finds.!.!.!

us
    May 2009
    White's XL Pro 6000
    12 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I like the square nails the most. IP, you cleaned up all of Canada with those recoveries; well, you at least cleaned up in that field in Canada. The Colonial silver is the day maker...and probably a year maker once the season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    If it's tiring you out, perhaps you need a lighter machine

Looking forward to seeing what's in the next field
    No, the pizza and beer after the hunt is what did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonial Copper Zeus
    Holy crap I.P. Can't get much better than a 12 SOL. I'll bet you are salivating to get in the crop field. It wont be long now. I would imagine the harvest up north in Canada will be done shortly. A great find indeed.
    Chris
    Unfortunately I think it will be a month or so before we get in, and with the silver coin being the only thing in the field along side I can't say for sure the settlement wasn't already detected... all assuming it's where I think it is. Access is a little harder than most other places so I feel there's a good chance it would be passed on by others unless they had the same research done. I guess only time will tell, but if it works out it will be one heck of a day detecting!

us
    I Often Find Myself Killing Time Looking For What Time Has Killed!

Feb 2009
    Morehead City / Newport NC
    Minelab E-Trac
    946 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)

Great finds there Patch!Nice work!
    Great Finds!
    Great research!
    Great Times!
    At least a six pack next time for the tired thing!
    Timekiller!
    Them Colonials​Can't Hide Nowhere Now!

May 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Garrett AT Gold
    262 times
    Relic Hunting

I thought you lived in Canada. Show those Tiffin tokens!

Kirk
    Keep the passion high!

us
    Mar 2007
    Central Valley, Ca.
    Whites MXT, DX-1 probe,6x10 DD , 4x6 shooter, eclipse 950

That's awesome stuff, WTG. Did someone say pizza and beer.

daleshark.
    Throw all your bullets into the fire, and run like hell !

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk PA
    I thought you lived in Canada. Show those Tiffin tokens!

Kirk

I can't remember the last time I found a Tiffin... nor do I care when I find the next one! They're all yours!

PS... Thinking a little more I think this coin might be 1740s or 50s by the little I can see on the bust. No biggie either way.

us
    Ace250man

Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    185 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

wtg on those great looking finds !!
    ALLEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links