Newbe with ACE 250 finds $$$$

nfunk

Dec 23, 2005
LaPlace Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, ACE 250
I decided to buy myself an early Christmas present this year. So I got an ACE250.
Today was the first day to give it a real workout. I ran in coin mode with nickles notched out (didn't want to be bothered by pull tabs).

In a little over 1 1/2 I found $2.97 worth of change.

Attachments

• money-s.jpg
    money-s.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 583
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt....but....if you notch out nickels...you notch out pulltabs. If you notch out pulltabs.....you notch out gold rings!

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
great fines there, u did better then me,,, only 95 cents here ,

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro
:'( Did better than me too. I've been off for two days now, but have had to do the last minute xmas gift dash. What a zoo. It literally has been a dawn to dusk job to just finish the list. But I'm done. Thought I was going to sneek off tommorrow morning but nooooo, got family coming over early, for the eve festivities. Xmas day is out. So my only hope is it don't pour down raining on Monday and Tuesday because I have to go back to work on Wednesday. Boooo hooooo. HH.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas!

You did good!

;)

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well I know MD'ing is addictive but.... family comes first and there is no shortcutting it! I bet you will make up for it after the holidays! Happy Holidays to all of you! :)

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds and your new Ace-250 ! Good Luck in 2006 ! :)

Huntin' 59er

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds but like a few others said, notching out nickles and pulltabs will notch out the rings, maybe good for really trashy areas though. HH, Mike

Z

ZumbroKid

Great start! First try and already finding stuff too. This goes to show in time you can find more money then the machine costed. And have fun at the same time.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats of the nice finds.

As for the Ace, there's a lot of chat going on about it on the various treasure forums. In fact, it really started when the machine first came out.

In tests the Ace 250 scores right up there with some of the best. Some people claim they'll never upgrade.

HH

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start to your Detecting future,, But don't leave the discrimination on to long that nice gold Ring might be a swing away!!!!!!!! Good luck and keep on Digging.... :) Seeker

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember being exactly where you were at this time last year! I got my first detector for Christmas last year. I, like many went completely nuts for this hobby and now I have 4 detectors! I am an old hand now and to prove it I went out for about a half hour yesterday and found $.53 in clad. I only burned about a dollar's worth of gas too! See, in another year I will break even.......maybe? ;) Kidding aside, welcome to the forum and you will love this hobby and the people who lurk here. Excellent! Monty

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
Nice start with the ACE 250.

I got mine on Christmas, went out for 2 hours yestarday but only got $.26.

That is $.26, some fresh air and lots of fun with the new hobby.

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds.. It seems people are having good luck with the ACE 250!!
HH!!

Maggot

Jun 3, 2005
Washington state
My detector makes a raspy beep when it gets a pull tab. I love solid nickel hits they my favorite next to quarters signal. I got some big fat silver rings on quarters signal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread