The Profs Big Day

wilkere

Sep 11, 2007
Jacksonville N.C.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Silver Sabre
The Prof's Big Day

The other day Me, Goosebumps and the Professor hit Greens Mill Fun to do a little prospecting. It was hard to get the Professor away from his luxurious bachelor pad with the hotly contested ECU vs UNC game on the tube (Hmmm, I wonder if he could get me comp tix?) Anyway, at halftime he finally plopped into the cool artesian waters we call GMR. It was lucky for him too, because as usual Goosebumps thru his monkey juju on me and all I could show was a puny Great White that a professional like Reel Tooth, or K.O.F would toss to a kid in need of a 1st tooth.
DSC00773.JPG
Goosebumps with some of the river dwarfs.

Yep, the Professor struck a gravel bar in the middle of the stream and just kept on throwing me stuff to look at in regular intervals just like playing softball catch. I circled around his claim digging ditches but never got any big gravel like he was pulling up.
DSC00771.JPG
That's a big piece of Tortise shell, and croc skin that the Prof pulled.

I was stumped and perturbed, and when he was leaning on his shovel I jumped into his hole to gauge the depth. Damn! I was digging deeper and not getting crapola. Soon, the Prof tosses me this black clump. It was a strange piece to say the least, and after a quick phone call we headed over to Eastern Carolina’s #1 rated amateur paleontologist George.
DSC00787.JPG
George checking out the weird rock or something....

As always, seeing George is a treat and having him I.D. our finds is a blessing to guys like me who don’t know nuthin. Well, I forgot what George said about the strange black fossil but it was either a Mammoth, Meteorite, Volcanic rock or something…. Your gonna have to ask the Prof!
DSC00776.JPG
How about these Megs I got at the HWY 11 Flea market on the way back! Sweet!
http://www.okinawarelics.com

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The Prof's Big Day

nice finds & Photos !