Very Nice Unexpected Christmas Gift

ashdigger

May 29, 2005
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Big Christmas suprise

After years of looking for a great civil war camp in my area I finally found where several troops had crossed at a Ford on the river. Looking in and around the Ford I found several shot rounds and several round balls, one with the sprue still attached. but the story gets better. The day we go to hunt my buddy finds a new 1835 map of the location and it seems that this road had intersected with a second main road at the north end of the field, and it appears that an old Tavern had set very near the crossroads. We are still working this area since we just got started but I wanted to show what I found near the original road at nearly eight inches. Keep in mine that this is in southwest Missouri. A very nice 1787 Carolus -3 Pillar 2-Reale. Trust me this was not what I expected to find in the center of a 50-acre field looking for the relics of a camp site but this was a very nice suprise. We will be working on this area a lot more and I will keep you updated hopefully with more. What a Christmas gift!!

Hope all had a good Christmas... You wont know if you don't go...

Attachments

• DSC06346.JPG
    DSC06346.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 646
  • DSC06347.JPG
    DSC06347.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 633
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
UNBELIEVABLE..SWEET FIND!!!...That would make anyone's YEAR!

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
My wife was talking to me as the pic was loading, and when it finally came up (I have dial-up AOL), I shouted "Oh my God". She thought I was talking to her! DUH! Can't you see I'm on the Treasure site?

Way to Go on that find.

OH MY GOD.

Roger

livetoplay804

Apr 25, 2005
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Boohya!

Thats what I am talking about right there. Way to go Dad!

Really a nice way to wrap up the year too. But then he found a 1885 Liberty V Nickel today. While all I found was memorial penny's.

I guess why you got it you got it!

OP
OP
ashdigger

ashdigger

May 29, 2005
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I thought you guys might like seeing this...

.....Ramjet thats about what I did in the field I was pretty pumped, when you find something better that you're looking for.

.... Warsawdaddy we are working on a little deal up in you're neck of the woods if it pans out we may get ahold of you and do a little "diggin" together.

Anyway guys thanks for the nice comments we'll see what she gives up in the future......

Take care Steve..

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!!! Now thats some serious coinage! I would say that the person that lost that was really bummed out. That trading post was the only place of business around here in the early 1800's. I suppose you would have had to travel as far away as St Louis or Boonville to trade or buy stuff. I am glad you found that! You were due for a great find. way to go Steve! By the way I still have your Christmas present, I will try to bring it by today. Tim

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
What a great find in such an unlikely place.

That will give you something to be proud of for a long time to come.

Great coin. Thanks for the story and the photo.

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Reale ! Looks like a great hunt site ! Keep on diggin' !

Huntin' 59er

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Hey Ashdigger, that is one very beautiful 2 Real coin. I have dug quite a few reales, half reales and one 2 real, but non come close to looking as good as yours. By the way, yours was minited in Santiago Chili, the same mint that minted many of the famous spanish gold daubloons. In that condition if it were minted in Mexico city it would be worth about $20. Being minted in Chili makes it worth about $50.00. Prices based on North American Coins and Prices and Catalogue of the Worlds most popular coins. Congrats on a very nice find....Lance

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Awesome find!!!

OP
OP
ashdigger

ashdigger

May 29, 2005
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Thanks guys for the nice comments we WILL be back out there Reale soon looking for its brothers and sisters. ....I think..... I'm spoiled.. Thanks for all of the good information...
.Take Care.. Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread