Every relic hunters DREAM FIND today (better pics)

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I got in the truck and drove down to an area that all we have pulled out of there is nothing but bullet after bullet. But this time instead of going were we normally go I went to a different spot, right behind a huge pile of trash, (old buckets,paint cans,beer cans,stoves,refrigerators etc...) and just as I thought junk target after the other, I was filming all of this to. Well I decided that I would film one more target (another can) and much to my suprise it was not a can.

But in fact a Beutiful piece of history, almost 3/4 of an extremely rare Pewter C.S.A. Plate I was so damn happy that I went to reach for the camera and turned it off, droped it on the ground, and almost fell out dead. I made a bee line straight for the truck and there I sat for at least 45 minutes catching my breath.

I went back to the hole with my 4" coil and dug that sucker out at least 20'x20' and no signal or remains of the rest, it has been eaten away that much. This is what relic hunting is all about recovering items like this that have been lost for over 150 years and saving them before they completly rot away.

This is by far the best find of my life so far.

Thanks for looking guys.
Matt

Attachments

• cs plate 012.JPG
    cs plate 012.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 4,359
  • cs plate 013.JPG
    cs plate 013.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 4,387
  • csa coat 007.JPG
    csa coat 007.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 3,112
  • csa coat 009.JPG
    csa coat 009.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 3,119
Upvote 0

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Every relic hunters DREAM FIND today

Question, why were these plates made of pewter to begin with, and not brass or copper like the rest of them? Just curios..........NGE

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thats just awesome congrats on a rare find! I would be on cloud nine rest of the year with that find! :thumbsup: Banner all the way!

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

it's been a while since I last posted but I always see your finds on your other site.
Cool Find..

Happy Hunting
Twin Digger's

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thats one AWESOME find Matt!!! :o :o :o Congrats buddy. That IS every relic hunters DREAM come true there!! And for me being in the SCV, it would be the Holy Grail....You are one LUCKY YOU KNOW WHAT ;D :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: I bet it made it that much better because you thought it was going to be trash?? :laughing7: Thats how the 2 Reale was that I dug last month....

Thats a Banner find in my book! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :hello2: :headbang:

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

nowgittineverything said:
Question, why were these plates made of pewter to begin with, and not brass or copper like the rest of them? Just curios..........NGE

This is just one that is a more rare type plate, there wasnt that many cast from pewter as there was from brass or copper.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

Man oh man! That is awesome.

I remember the one and only US Cartridge Box Plate (in similar condition) that I dug in a junky area. Reading your story made me re-live my hunt and it wasn't even a CS belt plate. Congratulations bro!! :hello2:

Baldingboy

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Its hard to tell from the photo....Is it just the lead impression of the letters and the brass faceplate is gone....or is it made from some other type of white metal and just makes it look like its a solid lead piece?? Just curious

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California

Sentinel, if you read thru the posts, you will find that it is pewter.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I knew it was only a matter of time Buddy....Congratulation's on a BANNER Find!!!! Well Desreved :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Matt. Congrats on the BANNER!!! :occasion18: :occasion14: :blob10:
It's good to see another fine CW relic on the banner train. :thumbsup:
Can you bury that back in the field now for one of us to find at the 2010 event? :tongue3:
-MM-

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Awesome find cwdigger!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome plate!
Congrats on your Banner find :thumbsup:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I got to say one more time YOU LUCKY SON OF A @&#^$* :o Thank your lucky stars!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread