Every relic hunters DREAM FIND today (better pics)

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I got in the truck and drove down to an area that all we have pulled out of there is nothing but bullet after bullet. But this time instead of going were we normally go I went to a different spot, right behind a huge pile of trash, (old buckets,paint cans,beer cans,stoves,refrigerators etc...) and just as I thought junk target after the other, I was filming all of this to. Well I decided that I would film one more target (another can) and much to my suprise it was not a can.

But in fact a Beutiful piece of history, almost 3/4 of an extremely rare Pewter C.S.A. Plate I was so damn happy that I went to reach for the camera and turned it off, droped it on the ground, and almost fell out dead. I made a bee line straight for the truck and there I sat for at least 45 minutes catching my breath.

I went back to the hole with my 4" coil and dug that sucker out at least 20'x20' and no signal or remains of the rest, it has been eaten away that much. This is what relic hunting is all about recovering items like this that have been lost for over 150 years and saving them before they completly rot away.

This is by far the best find of my life so far.

Thanks for looking guys.
Matt

Attachments

• cs plate 012.JPG
    cs plate 012.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 4,359
  • cs plate 013.JPG
    cs plate 013.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 4,387
  • csa coat 007.JPG
    csa coat 007.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 3,112
  • csa coat 009.JPG
    csa coat 009.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 3,119
Upvote 0

Big A

Mar 28, 2009
Southport, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Matt, Thanks for sharing your find and Doug MM Thanks for the photos.
Congrats on the banner. Well deserved.

Alan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread