Colonial Relics Intact Shoe Buckle and buttons..

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Hit an area that was once part of a large plantation.. found a good number of flat buttons, pewter buttons and one heavy silver plated tiny button.. the best find of the day was my first intact colonial shoe buckle. I have tons of bits and pieces but this was my first one that was whole!!! A couple of the buttons were in my container from my last hunt so I included them here.. 2 or 4 I think..

MB

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 427
  • buckle2.jpg
    buckle2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 397
  • buckle1.jpg
    buckle1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 394
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice buttons,

I love to find that type.

HH Jer

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice buckle & an unusual type as well :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
leddel said:
great relics , alot of buttons and a very nice shoe buckle frame but just short of intact . congrats man.

why "just short of intact"? The cross piece was iron.. there were bits of it left but it had rotted away... the rest of it is a strange type of pewter.. very rough and pitted.. most of the pieces I have found have been in pretty good shape.. smooth not pitted like this. I guess I'm wondering what else is missing?

Thanks,
MB

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
MonkeyBoy said:
leddel said:
great relics , alot of buttons and a very nice shoe buckle frame but just short of intact . congrats man.

why "just short of intact"? The cross piece was iron.. there were bits of it left but it had rotted away... the rest of it is a strange type of pewter.. very rough and pitted.. most of the pieces I have found have been in pretty good shape.. smooth not pitted like this. I guess I'm wondering what else is missing?

Thanks,
MB

just the inside guts is all , don't get me wrong the buckle is a great find . it is rare to find one fully intact is all . ;D

Dan

Attachments

• shoe buckle 1.JPG
    shoe buckle 1.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 312
  • F.RD. shoe buckle 1.JPG
    F.RD. shoe buckle 1.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 313

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a great hunt I never dug that many buttons in one day, Congrats on a nice buckle!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
leddel said:
MonkeyBoy said:
leddel said:

Thanks,
MB

just the inside guts is all , don't get me wrong the buckle is a great find . it is rare to find one fully intact is all . ;D

Dan

Oh! Ha I was thinking it just had a single iron piece across the center.. thanks for the photos!! I have never found one even close to that! ;-)

MB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread